Counting up mileage... (Read 975 times)

TrailyGoodness

TrailyGoodness

I have enjoyed the graphing tools for analyzing my mileage. The tools, however, do not let me know the total mileage for specific chunks of time (at least that I can find). For instance, I would like to compare my 2006, 2007, 2008 mileage totals with each other for running, unicycling and other activities with mileage counts. It would be nice to compare various months (i.e. March 2007 with March 2008).
      I've been wondering about this for some time too. In the end I exported my log to Excel and added up chunks of time within the spreadsheet. I'm sure there's an easier way - maybe someone here can show us the way? --Steve
      eric :)

Right now, the only way is to make two separate graphs, one for each time period. Just specify the range of dates and select graphy by month for the x-axis. The new log will let you display the values in a format similar to the workouts listing. eric :-)
        TrailyGoodness

TrailyGoodness

Is there anyway to figure out the mileage in those time frames without counting it up manually? I have made graphs that show general mileage, but not give me a number total for that time period. Thank you for your comments and insight.
            If you use the search option and choose the dates for the year you want (01/01/2007 - 12/31/2007) and run it it shows all of your runs for the year. And at the bottom it shows your total distance. You could even do that for each month if that was easier. Not sure that answers your question.
            Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
            JDehlinger

Along the same lines, it would be nice to also have a "year" option in the X or Y axis in the Advanced Graph feature in addition to the "week" and "month" options. Also is there a way to have more than 100 entires appear in a search result?
              eric :)

TrailyGoodness and JDehlinger, The new log will let you do all that. All that code has been in place a month ago. I'm currently working on the route editor page, which is the last hard component of the new log. JDehlinger: the new log will also summarize the results beyond the 100 entries. Is that what you're looking for, or do you just want to see everyone on the same page?
                JDehlinger

Eric, Great! I mostly suggested the results beyond 100 entries as an easy way to get yearly totals. Thanks again!
                  TrailyGoodness

TrailyGoodness

Thanks. This helps.