Goal 6 minute mile (Read 6319 times)

xhristopher

Hey, I logged a couple of those last week. Injury tests. And I was desperate to have something on my log other than ellipitical. They gave me hope.

Bubbles, I'd say if you are injured you need no excuses. Look at me. I've not run since July. Truth be told, I'm sure I've run 0.2 miles somewhere. Most likely it was to get out of the rain or something. Regardless, $100 says either of us could pop off a sub 6 minute mile today if we had to. It's not a big deal.
    L Train

What pace do you guys think Welker was running?

Prince of Fatness

What pace do you guys think Welker was running?

"House Money" pace.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

"House Money" pace.  Heh.

Way to get your money back in week 1, Finn.

99 yards in 12.5 seconds...3:52/mi pace.

I think WW might be able to run a 6 min. mile.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            L Train

I think WW might be able to run a 6 min. mile.

In pads, while watching himself on the jumbotron.

xhristopher

Word is Vince can run a 6 minute mile.

xor

You guys beat up the Dolphins.  Settle down.

L Train

You guys beat up the Dolphins.  Settle down.

xor

Hey, I know what I face with T-Jack here.  I'm not the one going on and on about my team (which the rest of the country doesn't care a hoot about) in a thread on a running board.  It's the Patriots.  95% of the country hates your team.

Well, if it's the Seahawks, I care at least a hoot about what you can get for 7 and 9 these days.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xhristopher

Hey, I know what I face with T-Jack here.  I'm not the one going on and on about my team (which the rest of the country doesn't care a hoot about) in a thread on a running board.  It's the Patriots.  95% of the country hates your team.

I know, right. And I'm not really a football fan. Time to bring it back to running. Check out this guy below from Ohio, of of the 5%.

BCR

BCR thought he could sneak by next to flag guy. 

L Train

95% of the country hates your team.

Come on, now.   They are fun to watch, work as a team and conduct themselves well with the media (well, other than Welker talking when he shouldn't have last year).  All this hate really carries over from the Spygate thing?

OK, back to MF's quest.  95% of the country doesn't hate him.  Just the thought of VW running a 6 minute mile should be inspiration enough.

xor

Come on, now.   They are fun to watch, work as a team and conduct themselves well with the media (well, other than Welker talking when he shouldn't have last year).  All this hate really carries over from the Spygate thing?

OK, back to MF's quest.  95% of the country doesn't hate him.  Just the thought of VW running a 6 minute mile should be inspiration enough.

1. Spygate.

1a. FU play after spygate.

2. Playoff/superbowl success.

3. Bill Simmons going on and on about how hard it was/is to be a Boston sports fan.

4. Tom Brady's hair.

5. Bill Simmons

6. Your coach

7. You.  Not personally, but your fanbase.  "Doesn't everybody love us because of our awesomeness?????"

For me, it's really the bipolar nature of the Red Sox/Patriots fanbase as exemplified by Bill Simmons.

HOWEVER: I did like that Brady passed for, what, 1,200 yards last night.... and only one catch by Ochocinco.  Hell yes.

There are 32 NFL teams so, statistically, 97% of NFL fans don't like your team.  Hate (in a sports fan sense, not real hate) is earned by being really good but then on the flip side you pick up bandwagon fans who live in non-NFL cities or whatever.  The Patriots are like 5th in merchandise sales out of 32 teams so it's probably a lot less than 95% who actually hate them.

But it's a big number.

I also think it's funny that Bill Simmons is the representative New England fan to a lot of people.  He's done well for himself for a poseur from Connecticut.

Not to threadjack but: HOW'S YOUR RUNNING GOING, MICH?

Runners run