Towpath marathon? (Read 429 times)

Feeling the growl again

Anyone done the Towpath marathon near Cleveland? My primary and backup marathons have both fallen through due to timing issues and I'm scrambling to find something near Indiana that I can fit in my schedule.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Anyone done the Towpath marathon near Cleveland? My primary and backup marathons have both fallen through due to timing issues and I'm scrambling to find something near Indiana that I can fit in my schedule.
      I haven't done it, but I've volunteered for it. I may do the 10k this year, but haven't decided yet. This is my daily stomping ground. Flat, fast and beautiful scenery. It's held on the Towpath, so no car traffic - just runners. The footing is a mix of small packed gravel, asphalt and boardwalks. I log my runs as road, trail and towpath. The towpath falls somewhere between road and trail. And, again - it's a beautiful route that runs along the Cuyahoga river in the fall. Searched around and found a gallery of photos from 2003. (OK - so now I'm inspired to do the 10k!)
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
      xor

Small race (less than 500 in the full). No hoopla. Well managed. Flat-ish, as noted. If you show up in 2:45-or-better shape, you have a reasonable chance of winning the whole enchilada. You probably know Akron weather better than I do.