Where to Run in Hampton, NH (Read 45 times)

I'll be in Manchester, NH this week and was thinking of a run on the Beach where 101 hits Ocean BLVD.. Any good recommendations around the beach area. It's already a little bit of a drive so I don't want to be too far from there. I'd like to get a 8-10 mile run in one evening.

Or, do you have a better recommendation for the immediate Manchester, NH area?

I've never been to this area.

thanks

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You could google the Smutty Nose Half Marathon, and look at the route.  It goes through some nice neighborhoods and also right along the water.  Fairly flat.  I really enjoyed it.  I think it would be nicer than Manchester.  If you decide to stick to Manchester, you should check out Derryfield Park.  That's where a big XC meet is held every fall (my son came in second one year, so I like it, lol).  Part of the course goes up a small ski hill!  You could run the 5k route and then in the neighborhoods around the park.

If you're running from Hampton, just do an out and back--I'd go north on 1A toward Rye. I don't live in that area but I've run a bunch of races that use that road. It's all good.

Do you live somewhere where you never get to see the ocean? Otherwise I don't know if I'd drive 40 minutes each way just to go for a run. I don't know the Manchester area very well but I imagine there's plenty of good options.

Runners run

an amazing likeness

Recommend you take 101W to Hampton, then head north on 1A and park at Wallis Sands Beach (state park). Run north on 1A with great views of Isle of Shoals off to your right. Stay on 1A to as it turns inland to a left on Brackett Road to loop back to Wallis Sands and about a 4 mile loop.  Or...keep on 1A through the rotary to the closed gas station and a right on Wentworth Rd for a wonderful loop past Wentworth By The Sea and into New Castle.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

From Wallis Beach, up and around Wentworth by the Sea look slike  agreat run.

I live in NC not near the ocean. I get to travel a bit for work and enjoy getting in runs in a variety of places.

thanks guys.

Village people

Do you live somewhere where you never get to see the ocean? Otherwise I don't know if I'd drive 40 minutes each way just to go for a run. I don't know the Manchester area very well but I imagine there's plenty of good options.

I would.

Milktruck gave you a good route. I live just outside Manchester, so I don't know any nice places to run there, but we got to Hampton in the summer.

Enjoy your stay.

Alternatively, head to Candia, which is about 15 minutes northeast of Manchester, east on 101 north on 43 and park at the school or town hall and head out on 43 north.  Depending on how far you want to run, you'll have hills, farms, scenic views, etc along a portion of the reach the beach route.  The next day, you can head up to bear brook state park in Suncook off rte 28 which is a large  state park and enjoy some more hills. Of course, if you want to avoid hills by all means head to the beach.

Thanks everyone. I made it back.

My plane was late so I headed to Derryfield park. The park was easy to find but was unsure about the trail. I decided to run through town and as soon as  rounded one corner I saw what turned out to be the trail so I ran up and around. I noticed the ski lift and kept going up the hill. On my second lap around I ran the skilift twice. That was a pretty rough hill two times in a row. Then I looped back around to the park and got about 4.5 mile total. Nice run. Thanks all.