Trouble uploading data from Garmin Forerunner 305 (Read 1423 times)

rphelps

I have been having trouble uploading the data from my Garmin Forerunner 305.  When i select upload data from GPS device it doesn't seem recognize the device.  It keep saying "connect" and doesn't advance to "upload".  Any suggestions?

Robin

an amazing likeness

Start here to make sure you have the Garmin Communcator software installed and working:

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/

If the underlying Garmin stuff is working (test it at Garmin's test page) then RA will read the info from the Garmin.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'm having the same issue with my 305.  Have not been able to upload to my Garmin learning center in several days.  I cleaned the contacts tonight, but still can't connect.  Just like you, it can't find the device. 

I'm going to try the link from Milk Truck and se if it helps 

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

DanB

I was having problems with my 205.  I used a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both the charging cradle and the GPS.  Now everything works fine.

2013 Goals.......

old-runner

I had been having this same problem for weeks with the 305 and have been entering all my info manually. I could place the watch on the cradle and it would recharge but it wouldn't be recognized by the computer. No amount of cleaning would help. My wife also has a 305 and I switched the cradle (but not the cable) and it still didn't work. I finally switched the mini USB cable that came with the Garmin with another one I had and it worked! Seems like the problem must have been in the mini USB cable and now everything's working fine.

jimt02

i uninstalled all my htc mobile phone software on my computer and as soon as i did that my watch started connecting again Smile