First overall female! (Read 962 times)

keeponrunning

Went to a fairly small 5k walk/run today planning to take it easy, pace my sister, and just have fun.  I raced yesterday so I thought my legs would be tired.  

I start off slower, then about a kilometer in am feeling really good, so I tell my sister I'm going to go ahead.  End up being the first female in!!!  I was sooo happy.  First time that has happened!!  Finished in 21:02, which is not an overall PB, but it is a road PB (I run faster on trails). Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woohoo - congratulations - enjoy the feeling of victory Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

you sound like my sister... every time she tells me she's going to run with me, she takes off and leaves me in the dust. 

anyhoo, congrats! Smile

keeponrunning

Thanks!  

Labrat, I did kinda feel bad about it, so when I was finished, I ran backwards along the course so I finished the last little bit with her.  She ran <25 min for the first time, so I was very proud of her.  Smile

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nice going! Smile

Congratulations.

You run faster on trails? Wow. My pace on trail runs is at least a minute slower per mile than road runs. What's your secret?

jeffdonahue

Congratulations.

You run faster on trails? Wow. My pace on trail runs is at least a minute slower per mile than road runs. What's your secret?

Ditto here - would love to know your secret.

Why is it sideways?

Awesome! Must have been all that training in high humidex.

Must have been a great feeling. Congratulations, keeponrunning.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

ultramarathon/triathlete

Way to go!!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

The King of Beasts

Good running !

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

keeponrunning

Congratulations.

If I knew I'd tell ya.  My body doesn't like the shock from cement, so it goes better on trails...

Must have been all that training in high humidex.

Smartass.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

keeponrunning

Smartass.

You said it.  Even if you did call yourself a smartass.

xor

Confused