Can't find saved maps and have issues w/ emoticons (Read 773 times)

I love, love, LOVE being able to make my own routes. In fact, I now spend as much time playing w/ the maps as I do watching reality shows. (right here I'd like to insert a funny face, but I don't know how - it just shows up in writing/no face) Anwyay, I've make 2 maps and have saved them. I can't find out to retreive them! I don't mind remaking them, but where do they go when you press "save?" BTW I have a mac and use OX S software. Thanks, Helen
      Hi Helen, Glad you enjoy the mapping tools, you can view your maps by clicking the icon on the Courses page. You can also see an elevation profile for your course by clicking the icon. (p.s. smiley faces will get picked up and converted to images after you post) Wink -brian
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Helen. Looking at your log, I can see that you currently have two maps. They are both set to be viewable by anyone. They are called 9 mile run and 9.6. Does that help? By the way, maps are listed under "courses" on the tabs on the left hand side of the page. Smile Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Janell and Brian, I find no "courses" tab or that icon anywhere on my page??? Is it because I have a mac?
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Ok... up at the top of the page there is a group of tabs. One of them is "Training Log." When you click on that, a new set of tabs should show up on the left side of the screen. Does that help or are your tabs still MIA?

Ohhhhhhhhh. Now, let's see if I can get the red face to show up. Thanks.http://www.runningahead.com/images/forum/emo_embarrassed.gif
                Nope, still doesn't show up. I have clicked and double clicked; I have copied and pasted....what am I doing wrong? I really am somewhat computer saavy....REALLY!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What are you doing to make the face show up? It looks like you are trying to paste in the face's url. You should just need to click on the emoticon face and it should show up in the message. Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Clowning around Cool Shy Blush Evil grin Roll eyes Shocked Surprised Embarrassed Confused Black eye Angry Sad Cry Sleepy Dead 8 Ball Yes Undecided
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And if you DO post an image URL, such as this: http://www.runningahead.com/images/forum/emo_embarrassed.gif Simply highlight the URL with your cursor and click on this button at the top of the post message page. That will put tags with < img="" /> and < mg="" /> around your URL and it will look like this: < img="" />http://runningahead.com/images/forum/emo_embarrassed.gif< mg="" /> RunningAhead will display it as an image.
                      Thanks Trent, I will try this again. Ok, I'm highlighting, then clicking on the icon. Here goes.... http://www.runningahead.com/images/forum/emo_embarrassed.gif
                        BLAH! I HAVE CLICKED, I HAVE DOUBLE CLICKED, I HAVE PASTED AND CLICKED. I feel really dumb.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

BLAH! I HAVE CLICKED, I HAVE DOUBLE CLICKED, I HAVE PASTED AND CLICKED. I feel really dumb.
                          Actually, I think this one is because you use a mac. Tongue What you want is a series of keystrokes to make an emoticon. A smiley is a colon followed by a right parentheses. Here's your list. I've put a space after the first character so that they will show up ask characters rather than the emoticons: : ) Smile : D Big grin ; ) Wink : p Tongue : o) Clowning around 8 -) Cool 8 I Shy : I Blush > :] Evil grin : roll: Roll eyes 8 [ Shocked : o Surprised : -[ Embarrassed : -? Confused b ( Black eye > : ( Angry : ( Sad : ~( Cry | ) Sleepy x x( Dead : 8ball: 8 Ball : yes: Yes : \ Undecided : no: No : x Tight lipped

eric :)

Helen, My guess is you're using (an older version of ) Safari. There are known compatibility issues with Safari and many websites, including this way. From what I heard, the latest version fixed many of those problems. You should definitely upgrade when you get a chance. eric Smile
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I use a Mac, but Eric may be right about Safari. Update yoru Safari OR start using Firefox : ) -> Smile
                                Thanks. Glad to know it's my mac and not me Smile