first race of the 08 xc season (Read 353 times)

H RIMZ

Tomorrow is the first meet of my senior season. Its against three other schools and we have a good chance of sweeping it. But im not really feeling the best. today during out light run my calves were really tight so im kind of worried about tomorrow. any advice on how to get really loose the night before or what to eat would be great. Thanks

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

highonrunning

I'm also a senior this year and running x-c. I like to to do ice baths 2 nights before to loosen the legs up, then do about 30 mintues of light running the day before the meet. That day and night before the meet i usually try and eat pasta or carbo load of good food. I also stretch before i go to sleep and when i wake up. thats just me and its worked the last two years for me. Some people don't like to do anything others just fine there happy medium. Use this first race to find out what works best for you.

Tomorrow is the first meet of my senior season. Its against three other schools and we have a good chance of sweeping it. But im not really feeling the best. today during out light run my calves were really tight so im kind of worried about tomorrow. any advice on how to get really loose the night before or what to eat would be great. Thanks
        If I were you, I would want my momma or girlfriend to give my calves a soothing, gentle massage. Easier said then done, btw.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Scout7

Probably not much that's gonna matter, food-wise. Stretch the calves.