ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

xor

You just need more vitamin S
    I wouldn't mind that. I like my vitamin S in shake form.

Done! I can't believe I read the whole thing -- outstanding Shocked

2012= under-goaled

xor

Done! I can't believe I read the whole thing -- outstanding Shocked
        You have passed the test. Now. As quickly as you can, snatch the pebbles from my hand. When you can do that, you will be ready to leave.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

My interests have absolutely no money involved. This isn’t about money at all for me. The only question I ask is if you would like to become a better runner? Its not about speed, racing, or setting new records. Working in surgical rehabilitation, my goal is to prevent injuries rather than rehab them. it’s a cheaper perspective. Oh, and my personal reference is Nike, having had my research work supervised by their sports research lab… And if you’d ask KosherDave about what I teach, it seems found that with a different perspective, he took sixth place in the Empire State Building Climbing Challenge. Not bad for someone willing to think differently when ideas are presented. The goals I set for myself are to offer a perspective to enjoying running longer, protecting one’s joints from injury, and saving money. Earning a living is fine, but the odd perspective is that injured runners are much more appreciative to better running than those who haven’t experienced serious pains or injuries. Why is that a joke? In the three categories of running, either speed, distance, or agility (for rotational sports such as tennis, soccer, lacrosse, or other sports with perimeters to function within) each have specific technique to master for optimum performance and injury prevention. Can you describe the differences required of each? The questions all have root to why athletes injure themselves. And with that, I thought that asking the kinds of questions I’ve asked the head of sports research of every major company (and couldn’t answer them) might be a reference that my background is a little more extensive than most. This is simply a way to offer a different viewpoint to how running is taught. If 70% of runners injure themselves in a given year, that’s like asking me to fly in an airplane that crashes 70% of the time. If you look at the research, every top coach’s advice will slow you down. And the shoes you buy effect your running speed and injury rates. If the shoe you wear can cut your injury recovery time by a third, why wear a shoe that prolongs your pain? The women of Kenya, utilize a principle of physics to carry the wood efficiently, which is documented. Just because nobody in running can explain it, doesn’t mean it can’t be taught. In fact that’s what I taught KosherDave. Seemed to work for him…

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Ok, sounds good to me. How do I become a better runner, and what type of shoes should I wear?
              People are strange.

Runners run

People are strange.
                I could tell some stories.
                xor

If 70% of runners injure themselves in a given year, that’s like asking me to fly in an airplane that crashes 70% of the time.
                  No, it's nothing like that.
                  If you look at the research, every top coach’s advice will slow you down.
                  Ahhhh. So.

Jazz hands!

More stuff!!
                    Look, do you have a point or something? Can it be summarized in one sentence? Because I just read like twenty sentences and most of them actually didn't make sense. Also I'm sick of being quizzed. This feels like one of those stupid things where a teacher repeatedly asks a student dumb questions causing us to question our OWN TRUE INNER BEINGS until we reach running enlightment or something. God, just don't start calling me padawan.
                    run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What kind of dumb name is Richard99?
                      Good one Smile This thread is great -- I might even go read the poor straight guy's stuff at some point (but, not holding my breath). Hey, is it ethical to share the MikeyMike's $50 tips on here, whoever called and bought them?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Look, do you have a point or something? Can it be summarized in one sentence? Because I just read like twenty sentences and most of them actually didn't make sense.
                        Yes, I asked this too. Only I'd be cool with two sentences.
                        Also I'm sick of being quizzed. This feels like one of those stupid things where a teacher repeatedly asks a student dumb questions causing us to question our OWN TRUE INNER BEINGS until we reach running enlightment or something. God, just don't start calling me padawan.
                        Look to Jesus, dear. Or Jeebuz if he's working the desk.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is this gonna be one of those sad days when the GSP outperforms the swamp, and someone has to hang a black flag of mourning? Although I just spotted this topic "Merits of cow urine as a post run drink?" and now I'm feeling heartened.

xor

GSP. Que es eso? As for cow urine, people like pickle juice. Do you know how to make pickle bread?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

As for cow urine, people like pickle juice. Do you know how to make pickle bread?
                              How can I be so dumb as to attempt a quiz in this thread, there's no telling, but --- > Do you know how to make pickle bread? Um, no. Do I soak bread in cucumber juice for a week?

xor

Nope. You start with a little dill dough. Thank you.