ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ouch, nothing like walking up to the highway and stepping in front of a car, and being surprised when it hits you. Very good sir.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

12-week layoff

I am a woman. I wear orthotics. I have massively muscular legs. I wear pricy Nikes. Just got a new pair today. Dang...I'm doomed. Might as well schedule an appointment at the ER for after my run tomorrow.
      sport jester

Biomimeticist

The best shoes are none at all... It isn't a chicken or the egg question. The human foot has existed long before we wore shoes. 25% of your body's total number of bones and muscles are in your feet. As we're put in shoes before you can even walk, completely distorting how your feet function. That distortion in foot biomechanics influences every other aspect of how your body moves. Do I preach treadmill walking, of course; simply to allow a barefoot human being the ability to become reacquainted with their feet and how they’re supposed to work. Learning how to use your feet properly can mean growing in two sizes if you develop the strength, power, and endurance they can offer for locomotion. Everyone has the ability to run 20% faster and optimizing the use of your feet are crucial to that capacity within. To me, shoes are nothing more than planks that are duct taped to the bottom of your feet. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729992?ordinalpos=532&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16195994?ordinalpos=373&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18027308?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed just a few studies which back up my statement The flexibility of the foot is crucial to preventing injury. For every millimeter of material between the bottom of your feet and the natural surface you’re walking and running on measurably alters your running biomechanics. The human foot is an incredibly complex system holding 85% in total number of nerve ending of the entire body. Allowing them to do their job is just one untold reality to faster running.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am a woman. I wear orthotics. I have massively muscular legs. I wear pricy Nikes. Just got a new pair today. Dang...I'm doomed. Might as well schedule an appointment at the ER for after my run tomorrow.
          Darn, I thought this was the next quiz question-- I was all ready for the next one. Then it didn't turn into a quiz. Sad

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Everyone has the ability to run 20% faster ....
            Damn straight -- but nobody wants to see me run 20% faster -- we wanna see Geb run 20% faster, and Bekele run 20% faster -- this thread needs video of that.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

true, but the faster you can run, the further you can run, and the less likely you will suffer a running injury

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Most excellent -- video of Bekele running 20% faster and further both will be fabulous. Post links soonest.

Nanorunner

"Oh, and my personal reference is Nike, having had my research work supervised by their sports research lab…" "The best shoes are none at all..." How's that job with Nike going now?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Oh, and my personal reference is Nike, having had my research work supervised by their sports research lab…" "The best shoes are none at all..." How's that job with Nike going now?
                    Oooh ooh oooh...lemme guess! The next line will be "if you have to wear shoes, wear Nike Frees!" Am I right? Where's my meat?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Ever hear of a shoe by Nike called the "Free" The question was how to optimize the use of the shoe.

xor

Oooh ooh oooh...lemme guess! The next line will be "if you have to wear shoes, wear Nike Frees!" Am I right? Where's my meat?
                        Ever hear of a shoe by Nike called the "Free" The question was how to optimize the use of the shoe.
                        Cha-ching. And. I've got your meat.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And what do you have against the shoe?

xor

And what do you have against the shoe?
                            usually the bottom of my foot and my toes.

Nanorunner

"Ever hear of a shoe by Nike called the "Free"" Good call! I'm impressed!
                              sport jester

Biomimeticist

So do you wear them? Do you know the story behind their development?