Massive downgrade of mileage (Read 1498 times)

Tomorrow will be worse

Yay for no pain! I did a 2mi test run on Wed, then another 2mi test at lunch yesterday (Thurs). No pain, so peeled off a 2h/13mi run last night, and still no pain!

Of course at this point I need to make sure I don't over-do it again, but with 15 days left before the race, I'm pretty nervous, especially given how much more effort I felt like I was expending at a much slower pace.

From the goal times I was talking about before, to answer Spaniel, I think I probably was in 3h30 shape and shooting to improve to 3h20 (since at the time I still had 8 weeks). I'm now hoping to get back to 3:30 shape, but it'll be tight, at best. Here's to hoping my body responds VERY quickly to the renewed training load...easy pace and a few tempos and/or 3-4min intervals for me, any thought of speedwork is out the window.

If anyone's got any advice for the next 2 weeks, I'd be happy to hear it. I think with all the time off I've had, any thoughts of a real taper are scrapped. 

DukeDB

So, how'd it go?

Tomorrow will be worse

So, how'd it go?

Worse than I'd been hoping a couple of months ago, but as well as I had any right to expect given the state of my training. I finished the marathon in 3:55, pretty good I think for a first race, and most importantly my injury didn't come back. I did experience some significant knee pain, but I spent the race being very careful with it, and I'm pretty sure didn't cause any lasting damage