This is why I run (Read 594 times)

So, the past few weeks I have been struggling quite a bit with my running. I haven't felt like I'm in the shape I ought to be in. Very few of runs have gone well, and the runs that did go well hurt a lot at the end. I have also been running with slight shin splints and a calf problem for a couple of months. But anyway, tonight was a different story. I started out my 5 miler going pretty easy. I went out at a relaxed and comfortable pace and I figured I would just try and shoot for a 7 minute per mile run. Well, I got 2 blocks in and I realized that wasn't going to happen. For the first time this summer I felt like I had the energy to GO. And so I did. The first mile ended up being ~ 6:35. I began to push the pace a little harder and came through the next two miles in 12:52, feeling absolutely superb. The pace felt effortless! The next mile was all uphill, but I still ran ~6:21 for it. At this point I was starting to wonder if I should slow down and take the last mile easy, but my legs had different ideas. They pushed me the last mile in 5:52. This was by far the best run I've had this summer. The best run I've had since track ended. The runners high is going strong and renewing my addiction. That is why I run. I had nearly forgotten.
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! Those are the runs we all love! Good stuff! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.