Parks Half Marathon (in Rockville/Bethesda, MD) - Who's Running It This Weekend? (Read 1534 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Postrace RA brunch here at about 10:30?  It is right near the White Flint metro.
    lap

Here is there map:

http://libes.com/don/run/phm/phm6.html

But also remember this aspect of the course.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

But also remember this aspect of the course:

I love that finish Smile
        lap

The finish is not fun.  I was targeting 7:15s last year and managed a 7:20 pace through 10.

The last 3 were in 7:53 pace.  

The finish is not fun.  I was targeting 7:15s last year and managed a 7:20 pace through 10.

The last 3 were in 7:53 pace.  

Right...but last year's race was unseasonably warm and humid.  I think everyone had troubles with the last three miles (actually there was one runner down who needed to be taken to the hospital last year...)

It the temps stay cool, those last three miles aren't too bad if you are used to training on rolling hills.

Postrace RA brunch here at about 10:30?  It is right near the White Flint metro.

The Silver Diner can get kinda crowded on the weekend, but it's always a good place.

There's the Tastee Diner in Bethesda which is a bit greasier - but walking distance from the finish line.  There's also an Original Pancake House in downtown Bethesda as well (and Cosi, and Bethesda Bagels).

Oh...and they serve hot food at the end of the race as well, so I never really felt the need to go grab brunch after the race in the past.

See y'all on Sunday!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

those last three miles aren't too bad if you are used to training on rolling hills.

Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

The Silver Diner can get kinda crowded on the weekend, but it's always a good place.

There's the Tastee Diner in Bethesda which is a bit greasier - but walking distance from the finish line.  There's also an Original Pancake House in downtown Bethesda as well (and Cosi, and Bethesda Bagels).

Oh...and they serve hot food at the end of the race as well, so I never really felt the need to go grab brunch after the race in the past.

See y'all on Sunday!

Thanks for the Tips!!! I would like to go sit and eat at I am coming from Philly to visit with Trent. Also we will be running 18 that happens to include the 13.1... so that was my thoughts on why it would be nice to have a post -race gathering... Course I'll eat with whomever - I like to eat and meet people!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Plus Silver Diner is right next to the hotel where I am staying and right near the metro stop.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm bib 373.  I'll be wearing a white University of Michigan shirt.

I'll see how it goes with the Silver Diner.  I may have some family responsibilities after the run...

See you all tomorrow!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dark blue sleeveless shirt for the race.  Dressed nicely for brunch.  Big head of crazy hair.
                        lap

Can't make the meetup, but good luck to everyone tomorrow.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great day for a run, reasonably cool, well supported and a very pretty course!  Nice seeing a couple RAers there.

After lunch:

Trent, Jelly and Foxygoblue.  Sorry we missed you lap Sad

Yeah.  My hair is crazy.  Heh.  I'd just run a long run and then spent some 45 minutes stuck in a metro station.  Deal.