Bib numbers...ever think twice about them? (Read 685 times)

For some reason, I'm always excited to find out what my race number will be. I have no idea why this fascinates me so. Today I got my confirmation for the Rock n Roll and they tell you your race number. Last year my race number was 5206 and this year it's 4206. how weird is that?

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

You're just a big ol' pile of freaki-deaki-ness, aren't you?
      Jeffrey

Yes I get excited to pick up my number. For me it's the thrill of knowing I will be running again soon ... since I may have tapered and I am crawling the walls - driving my family nuts. On a related note, I have an affinity for the number 4. If my number has a 4 in it, that's a bonus and I know I will run/feel good. Next best thing is a number 8 since it is divisible by 4. So 4206 is GOOD. Smile
          why, yes I am, tyvm. Blush Tongue are you laughing at me too? DH laughs at me, my bff laughs at me. Is there noone out there who understands!? Shy

Jennifer mm#1231

Dog-Love

I noticed your bib number on your profile is #1353 (all prime numbers) Crazy...How did you get that one??? Big grin Oh wait, I am not laughing!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is a lot of supersticion out there about race numbers. Something that is special in any way is a good omen. My latest number for Flying Pig as 3456, and I ran a good run. The week before, my bib was a jumble of numbers and the race was crappy.
              muse_runner

keep running.

My first marathon (well my only marathon) my BIB# was 3544 I was actually planning on a 3:50 finish for a long time and when I got my bib # I almost fell over. My split at the 20 mile mark was 2:55 (a 3:50 marathon pace!) but things happen during that last 10k. Anyhow so like I NEVER EVER thought about BIB#'s until my marathon. But check this out: in a recent 10k my bib #was 3495 Shocked Shocked eeeeerrrrrrieeeee plug me into McMilly. I'm at somewhere between a 3:48 and a 3:46 marathon based on my 1/2 marathon and stuff. put me on the course and who knows... maybe I'm forever destined to run the same pace for a marathon! (I modified this. I thought I had the same BIB # twice... woops! good thing I save my BIBs like a dork and checked)
                running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                muse_runner

keep running.

Okay I gotta reply to myself here. I'm looking through my BIB #'s and I like to write my race results and some notes on them. My first race was a 10k back in 2006 My goal was to break 50 minutes. It was kind of a random goal. Anyhow my BIB# was ... 50! I didn't BREAK fifty but I was proud to run a 50:44 time. A couple of 5k's my BIB # has been like 2015 or something. YEAH right! it's fun though... Smile
                  running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                    I noticed your bib number on your profile is #1353 (all prime numbers) Crazy...How did you get that one??? Big grin Oh wait, I am not laughing!
                    yanno, I never noticed that one. I really didn't like that race. It was the first time I didn't PR. It was really hard because I wasn't running much. The only thing I like about that race is that picture. squidboy, the number thing is funny. I like 6 and 2. They sorta make me happy.

Jennifer mm#1231

muse, I keep all of my race bibs too. But I have a seperate sheet up here on my wall with a list of race/times/paces going back to 2005. Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

Jeffrey

Yeah, it's not like I am running around the house stacking cutlery in piles of 4s ...OCD... it's just a feel-good thing. I almost had a meltdown when I picked up my recent HM number - 9578 - luckily my wife was there to immediately remind me "No, no. It's a good one, see, cuz it ends in 8. See? Right there. 8. You can divide that 8 by 4. Seeeee. Calm down. 8. " It's not like I have a disorder or anything. Smile
                        squidboy, the number thing is funny. I like 6 and 2. They sorta make me happy.
                          This thread brought to you by the number 7. I think most of us began our love of certain numbers and letters with Sesame Street. Oh yeah, and welcome back, Muse! This post brought to you by the letter M.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Next year it'll be 3206... I am putting my bet in early. Weird ones... 404 --> You know when a page can not be found on the internet!

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have never had a bib number that stuck out...my # for tomorrow is 3138 (not sure if that is a good number or not. I'm 34 years old...no obvious numerical pattern or significance that I can see). I think I was 30 for the race I did 3 weeks ago. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Yer all nutz! I would love to get bib number 1...or 100...or 1000...or even 10000!