Site very slow since upgrade (Read 703 times)

First, let me say that I love the new graphs and log in the update... however, it seems that since then, the site has been VERY slow for me... are you hearing this from other users as well? It takes me about 5 minutes from initial page load, login, log entry and reload where before it took maybe 1.5 or 2 minutes...

A Saucy Wench

I find the training log section slower than before, although not nearly as slow as you are describing.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

nunsuch, I logged into your account and everything came up pretty quickly (within a second or two). I'm guessing the problem is at your end at this time. Are you using dialup?
          I am having a similar problem. The computer that I normally use for my log is virtually unusable now. The pages load very slowly if at all. Previously I had no problems on this computer and the pages loaded rather quickly. Evidently there are some conflicts between the new site programs and certain computers. If I use my laptop or my computer at work my log loads just as quickly as before.
          JoeO

I have to agree on this. I don't know if it is since the upgrade or not as it seemed slow before. Basically when I hit "New Workout" I generally expect to wait 15 to 30 seconds before I actually get to the page I want. Sorry to complain about a free service.
            eric :)

I fixed the site performance issue last night. It was caused by server memory usage, complex queries, and unnecessary database access. These problems by themselves typically do not pose any problems. When they occur at the same time, it is hard to track down the cause. These problems also do not crop up during testing because the usage pattern on the server is different from my test environment. Anyway, as far as I can tell, all the pages are coming up in less than a second. Even the group stats page is fairly responsive.
                Everything is "popping". Looks great. Thanks for all you do, Eric! I've notified my group that we can start badgering each other now that we have our group stats back. Thanks.
                Brant

I fixed the site performance issue last night. It was caused by server memory usage, complex queries, and unnecessary database access. These problems by themselves typically do not pose any problems. When they occur at the same time, it is hard to track down the cause. These problems also do not crop up during testing because the usage pattern on the server is different from my test environment. Anyway, as far as I can tell, all the pages are coming up in less than a second. Even the group stats page is fairly responsive.
                  Eric, Thanks so much. I believe that my log now loads quicker than it ever has since I've been using your site. The font still is kind of funky on this message board though. -Brant