Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

Feeling the growl again

Don't gloat just yet.  With the proper training, your next PR will be 1:18:00.

We'd need to use the Rosie Ruiz calculator to get that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

With a good training cycle and good execution, the world record is mine.

Still easier, just use the Ryan Calculator twice.  You'll be there without all that effort.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Unless I get to use the calculator too, in which case I won in with a new World Record of 2:03:12.

But then I guess Jeff could trump us both by plugging his time in...then Scovill could trump his...and evenually Pat Moulton would get around to plugging his time into the Ryan calculator and we're all back where we started.  Damn.

Just don't tell them about it.  What they don't know can't hurt them...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just don't tell them about it.  What they don't know can't hurt them...

You must be a politician.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ostrich runner

I've been away from RA for a few days. Is there still good trolling to be done in this thread, or has it all played out? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey everyone, I just ran a 100-miler on Labor Day. Oh, wait, it was a a 10k, I misspoke. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Chris T

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/09/ryan-gives-detailed-account-of-day-he-killed-bin-laden.html

Ryan Gives Detailed Account of Day He Killed Bin Laden

Posted by <cite>Andy Borowitz</cite>

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—

In a dramatic narrative that could upstage this week’s Democratic National Convention, Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.) gave reporters today a detailed account of the fateful day he killed Osama bin Laden.

Mr. Ryan said that he was revealing his role as the triggerman who felled the Al Qaeda leader to “set the record straight,” explaining that he had remained silent about his mission until now, because “I don’t like to brag.”

The Republican Vice-Presidential nominee painted a portrait of a Paul Ryan few know, a man who trained for missions with <small>SEAL</small> Team Six while somehow finding time to cut key provisions of Medicare.

The Wisconsin Congressman said he was doing sit-ups in the House of Representatives cloakroom when he got the call to deploy for his mission to Abbottabad, and hours later found himself face to face with the world’s most wanted man.

“Osama got one look at me and he ran like a bat out of hell,” he said. “It’s times like that that I’m glad I can run a hundred meters in 9.58 seconds.”

As for the perfect shot between the eyes that nailed bin Laden, Mr. Ryan called it “just another day at the office.”

“You don’t want to get too full of yourself because of a thing like this,” he said. “I had a job to do, and I did it. It was very satisfying to see all my <small>SEAL</small> training come together. And it was great practice for the day I got Qaddafi.”

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Paul Ryan's Marathon: Everyone Else Remembers His or Her Time

A writer called up several of the runners who finished right around Paul Ryan at the 1991 Grandma's Marathon to ask for their recollections of the race.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I don't think the two exaggerations / lies are comparable. Hillary's was significant and had to do with her foreign policy experience.

I tried to explain this Ryan thing to my wife who has been unwillingly subject to more than her fair share of "sub 3" talk and she was instantly bored by it before I could finish explaining it. I bet the general public will have even less interest.

Agree...It was simply the first thing that came to my mind and I typed it - I wasn't trying to ignite (further?) a partisan debate - though it certainly appeared that way.  My apologies if I helped destabilize this fine thread Joking

Hillary's untruthy story did hurt her because it was directly relevant to her campaign.   P. Ryan's untruthable marathon time is not relevant to a particular policy.

And like you and Spaniel noted - most people don't care, other than us runners.  My coworkers/friends still say I run marathon's no matter how many times I clarify that I've only finished a few Halfs!

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

P. Ryan's untruthable marathon time is not relevant to a particular policy.

Nope. But his lies, misstatements and deceptions in his Tampa speech were relevant.

L Train

Ryan Gives Detailed Account of Day He Killed Bin Laden

OK, now in my mind this guy is a character in a Tom Clancy book.   

OK, now in my mind this guy is a character in a Tom Clancy book.   

What a coincidence. In his mind he's a character in a Tom Clancy book also.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Nope. But his lies, misstatements and deceptions in his Tampa speech were relevant.

Too bad this thread is only about his irrelevant marathon snafu then.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, as many have said, this is a running website.

Paul Ryan Time calculator

Damn you guys.  I wanted to be the first one to post this!

By the way, I come in with a 2:03:38. 

Jeff