Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

DoppleBock

I think this is fine - But it should be in the areas that are the top 4-6 inpactful areas and it should include your "Feel" for the candidates ability to deliver on the vision. 

My vision for the future is that we will set up nationalized regional micro-breweries and everyone will get all the free beer they want ... I would probably carry the vote on that alone in a couple of states (WI)

what sort of vision does this guy have for the future.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Why is it sideways?

My vision for the future is that we will set up nationalized regional micro-breweries and everyone will get all the free beer they want ... I would probably carry the vote on that alone in a couple of states (WI)

Ha, nice!

This may come as a shock to some of us, but we're hardly qualified to vote for the president.

We hardly know how to financially plan for our own vacation, let alone hire a candidate to plan for our future.

We can talk about vision, but we can hardly determine what the vision should be.

I'm a middle management type of guy who couldn't imagine finding a replacement CEO in my own company, let alone my own country.

I'm not qualified, and I guess that many of you aren't either.  We are privileged to be given the opportunity to vote, and we should take that privilege seriously. 

I think DB is right.  We should:

-Study

-Do your homework

-Understand with unbiased lenses

-Realize that it's not simple

-Don't criticize the one side without also understanding the criticism deserved within the other side.

-Don't only do what's best for you.  Do what's best for this nation

-Focus deep into the horizon, not 4 years from today

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Menace to Sobriety

I tried to use the Buddy Ryan calculator, but it just punched me in the face.

Version 2: I tried to use the Buddy Ryan calculator, and somewhere Kevin Gilbride got punched in the face.

Version 3: I tried to use the Nolan Ryan calculator, and somewhere Robin Ventura got his ass kicked.

Is there a  Rex Ryan calculator, so I can get a GD snack?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This may come as a shock to some of us, but we're hardly qualified to vote for the president.

We hardly know how to financially plan for our own vacation, let alone hire a candidate to plan for our future.

Wasn't the original idea that we citizens elected more educated types to represent us, who would be smarter and better able to understand stuff and make better decisions?

I think the cynical take is that generally it is the very rich and ultra-dishonorable who get elected these days, due to expense of campaigning and advertising, and the effectivity of polling (meaning, how much more effective it is to get votes, to posture in expedient & adaptable fashion, without regard for serious issues). Somehow we seem to be selecting for representatives who are less motivated by what is good for the country as a whole (and especially uninterested in the long-term), and more motivated by short-term gain -- lining their pockets, providing more government funded contracts to their friends, providing more government funded projects to their home voters, cutting the taxes that affect their family and friends, adjusting laws to increase profits of the companies of their friends, increasing job security of their friends, and of the unions who support them, etc -- kind of the modern analog of bread & circuses to get re-elected.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I think the cynical take is that generally it is the very rich and ultra-dishonorable who get elected these days, due to expense of campaigning and advertising, and the effectivity of polling (meaning, how much more effective it is to get votes, to posture in expedient & adaptable fashion, without regard for serious issues). Somehow we seem to be selecting for representatives who are less motivated by what is good for the country as a whole (and especially uninterested in the long-term), and more motivated by short-term gain -- lining their pockets, providing more government funded contracts to their friends, providing more government funded projects to their home voters, cutting the taxes that affect their family and friends, adjusting laws to increase profits of the companies of their friends, increasing job security of their friends, and of the unions who support them, etc -- kind of the modern analog of bread & circuses to get re-elected.

Yes, that's right

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

L Train

Somehow we seem to be selecting for representatives who are less motivated by what is good for the country as a whole (and especially uninterested in the long-term), and more motivated by short-term gain -- lining their pockets, providing more government funded contracts to their friends, providing more government funded projects to their home voters, cutting the taxes that affect their family and friends, adjusting laws to increase profits of the companies of their friends, increasing job security of their friends, and of the unions who support them, etc -- kind of the modern analog of bread & circuses to get re-elected.

It strikes me that not much has changed in 200+ years.  

L Train

-Don't only do what's best for you.  Do what's best for this nation

This is a tough one, and one for which many of us would have a dilemma.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Someone claimed that wireless power has been invented. What about that?

Pluswise, stretchy dog leashes, that can cover an entire path, are pretty new.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, Paul Ryan invented the marathon in this time period.

DoppleBock

The fact that Ryan is being tried to be made the focal point and is likely the reason the rebublicans might lose the election is sad to me - But WTF were they thinking?

Obama is a bit of a smooth talker - But generally he has had his facts more correct than not.  Ryan - Stop talking out of your ass - It can be kindof fun when you are out with the guys getting drunk - But sooner or later even they guys are going to call "Bullshit" on you.  In front of the nation, try and do a little homework ... or at least have someone write you speeches that can get things sortof right.  I mean at this point I would even take a wikipedia reference check.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

If we want to go toe to toe with the Rooskies clearly we need to close the hunky gap.  Ryan fills this need.   

Well, Paul Ryan invented the marathon in this time period.

And Al Gore the internet.  See where bipartisanship takes us?  One party invents the marathon, the other invents ways to get at all those results.  It's utopia, I tells ya!

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Prince of Fatness

Somehow we seem to be selecting for representatives who are less motivated by what is good for the country as a whole (and especially uninterested in the long-term), and more motivated by short-term gain -- lining their pockets, providing more government funded contracts to their friends, providing more government funded projects to their home voters, cutting the taxes that affect their family and friends, adjusting laws to increase profits of the companies of their friends, increasing job security of their friends, and of the unions who support them, etc -- kind of the modern analog of bread & circuses to get re-elected.

Hmmmm.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And Al Gore the internet.  See where bipartisanship takes us?  One party invents the marathon, the other invents ways to get at all those results.  It's utopia, I tells ya!

Working across the aisle. Nice!