Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Now we've got fact checkers checking the fact checkers.  Someone should check into that. 

What a glorious moment in history. The age old puzzle, qui factaverificant ipsos factaverificandos, has been answered!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My son has a soccer game in a nearby town on Sunday.  This is the day of my long run so I google mapped it to see if I could just run and end up at the game on time.  26.2 miles as it turns out.  ....

You should be able to do it in about 2 hours and 50 minutes.

Not these days, although Train was fast when he was younger, yeah.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What about the invention of rock and roll? Decline and decadence or courage and strength?

Dude.

You know better than that.

False dichotomy.

Dur.

This is a pretty damn narrow angle on American history. I know you are a financial planner, but come on dude, there is more to history than finance! (Not to mention this is quite the cherry-picked financial history.)

Where is the civil rights movement in this history? Was that decline and decadence or was it courage and spiritual strength?

What about the invention of rock and roll? Decline and decadence or courage and strength?

Some people happen to believe that the sorts of social programs constructed in the New Deal were also courageous manifestations of the democratic mission -- a noble and spiritual attempt to provide for the poor and the elderly.

Why so scared of China? 

Debt always has two partners. Folks are very happy to lend the US money. Why? Because we have the most stable economy in the world. Unstable economies (like China's) need to borrow from that instability to grow and develop. Painting them as potential oppressors has no relation to the reality that we live in.

I don't want to make light of our economic problems, but to chalk their origin up to something like historical destiny is to take them away from the range of practical solutions. We've got problems now, and the future will be different from the past, but this doomsday "death of democracy" stuff is really trite and unhelpful.

I cannot argue with those things.  They are good, bold, and brave. 
            Social Programs (especially, the 1930s depression programs)

Civil Rights

Invention of Rock & Roll ??? (not sure why you added that)

I'm not going to respond to your China / debt statement because I think you're missing the point (nothing personal, just hard for me to respond, other than to remind you that I didn't write a word within the item you responded to.  I copy / pasted an article written by someone that I've been following for years).

But, I'll provide a little analogy.... A family of 4 making $30,000 / year annual salary cannot afford a family vacation to Disney World.  It's not wise.  One of 3 things need to happen (that I could think of).  #1. get another job, #2. fundraise, #3. enjoy another vacation.  Often times, we feel entitled to the same vacation as our neighbor, while maybe, we need to refocus. 

Peace,
            Brian 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

We will not let facts interfere with our beliefs.

Wow- Ryan actually said that?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow- Ryan actually said that?

The quote is: "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers". It comes from a Romney staffer.

More info here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/23/mitt-romney-_n_1836139.html

Imminent Catastrophe

The quote is: "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers". It comes from a Romney staffer.

More info here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/23/mitt-romney-_n_1836139.html

Apparently not a member of the Reality-based community.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Apparently not a member of the Reality-based community.

I work with people who live in that same community.

Tim 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Has the Chicago marathon made a decision about allowing Ryan to run?

DoppleBock

Jeff - There was a rise -fall - rise of hedonism too ... Depending on how short the ladies skirts are currently - I am more risen then fallen

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HCH

Has the Chicago marathon made a decision about allowing Ryan to run?

USATF says that since he tested positive for B.S., Ryan will have to watch this one from the campaign trail.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/runner-first-questioned-paul-ryan-marathon-time-speaks-155321505--election.html

All he posted was this:

In an Aug. 22 interview by Hugh Hewitt, Representative Ryan said he had run a marathon in 'two hour and fifty something". Does anyone know the marathon and the year?"

Menace to Sobriety

USATF says that since he tested positive for B.S., Ryan will have to watch this one from the campaign trail.

BS has been identified as a PPED(past performance enhancing drug)

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay