Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

I don't think anyone is voting based on a person's fitness or athletic achievements.  Other wise Al Bundy would have been voted in years ago based on his 4 TDs for Polk High in the championship game. 

#artbydmcbride

You mean we aren't going to vote based on bodyfat%?    Wink

But maybe on misrepresentation and misleading statistics thrown at us..........

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

noting specifically that I have not seen the cat naked

HCH

You mean we aren't going to vote based on bodyfat%?    Wink

But maybe on misrepresentation and misleading statistics thrown at us..........

No, I was going to vote based on marathon times, but since neither Obama or Romney has run the distance I'm a little flummoxed. I'm hoping instead of debates, they will have a series of foot races. It will be tough for Obama as a smoker, but he is Kenyan so anything's possible.Wink

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

Feeling the growl again

It stays in that range when I am exercising for an hour or more a day. I eat whatever I want.

Jerk.

Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Jerk.

Smile

I was going to say that but apparently forgot to hit Post.  thanks for having my back spaniel!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, I was going to vote based on marathon times, but since neither Obama or Romney has run the distance I'm a little flummoxed. I'm hoping instead of debates, they will have a series of foot races. It will be tough for Obama as a smoker, but he is Kenyan so anything's possible.Wink

Vote for Dennis.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Why is it sideways?

Ha, yeah I know. I just wanted to say that being skinny for some people is not really an accomplishment or reflective of their character.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, yeah I know. I just wanted to say that being skinny for some people is not really an accomplishment or reflective of their character.

Tell that to my MIL...she is so critical of her younger sister who has ALWAYS struggled with her weight (takes after their mom), while my MIL has never ever been even 5#s overweight and whines to no end when she is >140 on a 5'8" frame (I never tell her what I weigh, since I have weighed more than she does while being 4.5" shorter for pretty much the entire time I've known the broad).  And she eats a lot of "healthy" prepackaged crap and sweets.  I keep waiting for age to catch up with her (she's in her late 60s) and give her a taste of what it's like to battle the bulge, but no such luck, thus far. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just because Mitt lists Cross Country in his High School yearbook don't think it won't be easy for Romney either...

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/01/23/jeb-bush-non-endorsement-romney/

In their new biography of Romney, Michael Kranish and Scott Helman tell the story of young Mitt’s first moment of public humiliation. In high school, Romney joined the cross-country team for a 2.5-mile race at halftime of one of the school’s football games. Romney, in his excitement, treated the run as a sprint:

Everyone except Mitt returned before the second half began. Finally, the several hundred spectators noticed Mitt making an agonizingly slow approach to the cinder track. “Mitt kept falling and getting up, falling and getting up, and eventually he just crawled across the line,” [childhood friend Graham] McDonald recalled. It could have been one of the most humiliating moments of his young life. But then the crowd began to rise to its feet, giving Mitt a standing ovation for his effort.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

“Mitt kept falling and getting up, falling and getting up, and eventually he just crawled across the line,” [childhood friend Graham] McDonald recalled.

Best impersonation of an Ironman ever!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay