Garmin 305 Tips (Read 645 times)

I just bought one yesterday. I love it so far. Still trying to figure out what all it has. So my question is basically, what all do I need to know that will help me figure out how to get it to work the best. What's the easiest software to use. What's the easiest settings to use to get the best. What works best for you?

The Greatest of All Time

I recommend you use Sport Tracks. http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ The Garmin Training Center is inferior to Sport Tracks. It's easy to set up as you will see. You will have to decide what data is most important to you, but my big 4 are: Total Time Pace Distance HR But that's the great thing about a Garmin, it does have so much available and you can customize it to display what you want. Have fun. They're awesome!
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        I would hit the search box up above. There have been several good thread about Garmin tips over the last year.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Dave

Lap pace and lap time on your custom screens along with the autolap feature. Way more informative that instantaneous pace which isn't.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com