I've waited my whole life for this! (Read 790 times)

PWL

Has been

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahh...yes, see...you were just the right age for NKOTB. I was a few years beyond their demographic. My brother is 31 and I can remember the girls in his class going absolutely apeshit over NKOTB! Tongue Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ha! I scrolled down and read zoom-zoom's reply while the page was loading and had an incredible flashback to middle school when I read "NKOTB." This is what gets me though: The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year That's CRAZY! I was obsessed with them long long ago. I even had a nightgown. It was like a long t-shirt with green piping and a huge pic of the group on the front. I loved that nightgown. I remember posters, cassette tapes and I'm pretty sure I had a NKOTB pencil. Ahhhhh those were the days...
        Rachel
          OMG! I wish I still had my pillow case and tons of buttons. That was my FIRST concert ever and all i can remember is blatantly walking up to the first couple of rows (what good security!) and watching the concert from the middle of the center aisle. I looked behind me at some point and locked eyes on this little girl, maybe like 9 (my age at the time) who was drinking milk out of those cardboard mini milk cartons (with a straw) while she was BAWLIING her eyes out. I guess she was so overwhelmed by seeing them in concert, but I just didnt get it. I thought there was something wrong with her milk!!
            OMG! I wish I still had my pillow case and tons of buttons. That was my FIRST concert ever and all i can remember is blatantly walking up to the first couple of rows (what good security!) and watching the concert from the middle of the center aisle. I looked behind me at some point and locked eyes on this little girl, maybe like 9 (my age at the time) who was drinking milk out of those cardboard mini milk cartons (with a straw) while she was BAWLIING her eyes out. I guess she was so overwhelmed by seeing them in concert, but I just didnt get it. I thought there was something wrong with her milk!!
            LMAO! Big grin
            ---- Cynthia
            obiebyke

Sweet!!!! I have a vintage NKOTB tshirt. Now I'll have a real live occasion to wear it to, instead of just indulging the nostalgia of passersby.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

NKOTB = Gay At least that's how most boys at my school saw them. Let me guess, they'll also have a new reality TV show about their comeback. modal (who can't get the Right Stuff song out of his mind now)

Vim

obiebyke

I hope they are gay. That'd make me even more excited. Or did you mean "gay" as a derogatory term? Undecided I'll choose to think you didn't.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

freckles

I used to love NKOTB obsessively! In my 1990 diary my ambition is listed as 'to marry Joey McIntyre!!!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I remember that my friend in middle school wanted to have my birthdate because apparently April 24 was named NKOTB Day or something like that. She was so mad about it because I thought NKOTB was stupid (which as a girl, put me in the minority) and it was a waste for such a great day to be wasted on someone like me.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Question: If you liked a certain New Kid when you were younger, would you still be required to hold loyalty to that same New Kid if they were to make it big again? Because after taking a good hard look at my boy Jonathan, I'm thinking he's a little too pansy-ish for me now....
                        freckles

It will always be Joey for me......But I think you can still change allegiance. Some of them have definitely aged better than others!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.