Graph for running totals (Read 1245 times)

jeffdonahue

We already have a running total widget that shows last 7 days and last 30 days.

I would like to see a way to graph this out so it shows what my "7 day running total" was for the past month or so.

eric :)

Hi Jeff,

Moving averages are not as easy to do with the existing code.  If the changes aren't involved, I'll try to add it soon.

jeffdonahue

Hi Jeff,

Moving averages are not as easy to do with the existing code.  If the changes aren't involved, I'll try to add it soon.

Thanks.  What I was trying to get at with this was to find out what my highest 7 day total was.  I know I can find out what my longest week was, but I guess I was wondering - what if I ran my long runs on a weird day one week so that two long runs fell into the same 7 day period, that would make my longest week (7 day period) higher than what I thought it was by looking at the weekly graph that I can run now.

Not trying to be antagonistic, really, but just curious...what would you do with that information?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          xhristopher

Not trying to be antagonistic, really, but just curious...what would you do with that information?

Sometimes I try to figure this out too and it is useful. It's not just a silly number. For example, towards the middle of this month I ran a series of 10+ mile days spanning from the middle of one week to the middle of the next. Though my log indicated 70 and 66 mile weeks, somewhere within those weeks I ran closer to 80 miles in 7 days. Once I figured this out I had a much better understanding of what I was feeling in my legs and how that might relate to past, future training, recovery, etc...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Would moving totals be easier?  That would essentially serve the same purpose.

Look at it and smile.  Or frown. 

What does one do with any of this information?

If you really wanted this information right now (well almost now), couldn't you just change the day of the week that your log starts on (in the locale settings I think), then generate the graph (or report) for that particular start day, and repeat for the other days of the week? 

I know it can't be a sexy widget when it's like that, but it may well tell you what you want/need to know.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

xc, makes sense, thanks.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                  jeffdonahue

Or, instead of being able to graph it, how about just an addition to the rollign total widget you have now that saves your highest 7 day total and your highest 30 day total?  Maybe that would be easier. 

jeffdonahue

Look at it and smile.  Or frown. 

Probably both - maybe a smile as I said to myself "Wow, I really ran that far in one week once."

And then a frown as I realize that my current week is nowhere near that.