Windows Phone 8.1 (Read 96 times)

Cyberic

Hi Eric,

When I write a comment on the forums with my Nokia Lumia 520, the "backspace" arrow does not work. I mean I can't delete characters.

The OS is WP8.1, and use IE.

Thanks

dennrunner

Testing. Hmmm works for me. Also using Lumia 520, 8.1, IE. Sorry can't help.

Cyberic

Thanks for testing. This is throwing me off though. RA forums work on all my PCs, works on the iPod, but on my Lumia phone it has that little twirk. If it's not the phone / OS... I have no idea what it can be.

dennrunner

Thanks for testing. This is throwing me off though. RA forums work on all my PCs, works on the iPod, but on my Lumia phone it has that little twirk. If it's not the phone / OS... I have no idea what it can be.

I don't know either. Today was the first time I tried posting with the Lumia, so I don't know if I had your problem before the recent updates to the phone.  The recent updates included an update to Windows Phone 8.1 (update 1) as well as a firmware update for the phone (Cyan). One of the updates recently included an update to the keyboard. Not sure which update that was.

You might try to see if you have any updates available.  Or maybe try using UC Browser; it's pretty decent.

Cyberic

<p>I just checked and there are no updates available for my phone at the moment. Weird. Using UC Browser at the moment and backspace is working great. Thanks for the workaround. I'll give it a shot and might make it my goto browser if I like it</p>
            eric :)

Hi Cyberic99,

It is possible that the WYSIWYG editor on RA is not 100% compatible with your configuration.  I could try updating to the latest version and see if that would make a difference.  It will take a bit of time though because I have to reconfigure my build system to handle the new version.

eric Smile

Cyberic

Hi ericSmile

I am mostly in front of a computer when I check RA forums so it's no big deal. Plus I have a workaround now (although it seems to have left html "p" tags).

If you can fix this, fine, but no rush. Maybe this can be part of a planned maintenance or something.

And since you suspect it's the WYSISWYG editor, I'll try it it HTML mode to see if the backspace works.

Cyberic

I checked this morning on my phone for the Source Code mode. Backspace was working fine, but the Source Code window was too big for my phone screen and in the 60-90 seconds quick test I did, didn't find a way to close the window (Ok button, X in the upper right) and go back to WYSIWYG mode. Backspace ispretty useless if I can not Post the message Smile

I'll test some more later today and let you know if I find a decent workaround.

eric :)

Hi Eric,

I updated to the latest version of the editor.  Could you give it a try and see if that does anything?

eric Smile

Cyberic

Testing on my phir oops phone right now. Backspace is not working Sad

MTA: fixed the post on my computer

Cyberic

Found a way using source code editor. Using the title bar I can drag the window sideways and access the ok button after my fix

Cyberic

I wrote a message yesterday from my phone, and the backspace was working fine. Must be part of one of the patches I installed on the phone. Thanks for helping me out.