Involutary time off for me (Read 1141 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Due to IT band trouble, gonna have to take a few week off. See you guys in a few weeks.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

That sucks, Eddy. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Have you seen a doctor?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

Hope you heal quickl Eddy! Just out of curiosity, do you think your injury has anything to do with your pretty incredible increase in mileage over the course of the last couple of months?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Slow-smooth-fast

Hope you heal quickl Eddy! Just out of curiosity, do you think your injury has anything to do with your pretty incredible increase in mileage over the course of the last couple of months?
          I am putting it more down to the hard itervals that I have been doing lately. What I am going to do is totally recover and then start my low hr training again.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Just Be

Sorry to hear that. Sad Good luck with your recovery! Smile
            invisible

Due to IT band trouble, gonna have to take a few week off. See you guys in a few weeks.
              QUESTION: If it turns out to be 3 weeks off from running, will you return to running 6 weeks back in your training? I'm starting my second 'off' week (I got the flu via the internet, from zoom zoom Smile) and usually go back two weeks for every week off.
              90 percent of the game is not giving up.

Slow-smooth-fast

QUESTION: If it turns out to be 3 weeks off from running, will you return to running 6 weeks back in your training? I'm starting my second 'off' week (I got the flu via the internet, from zoom zoom Smile) and usually go back two weeks for every week off.
                Well personally as I said I will just be going back to Low HR training. I will be doing this as predetermined by my MAF so they will all be easy anyway. 8 weeks later I will be back to the intervals, with hopefully another 5k PR

invisible

Let me rephrase the question then: Mileage wise and using 3 weeks off as the measure, what kind of a mileage reduction, if any, will there be in your training?

Slow-smooth-fast

Let me rephrase the question then: Mileage wise and using 3 weeks off as the measure, what kind of a mileage reduction, if any, will there be in your training?
                    not sure , will just go by feel and see how it goes. Still injured ad depressed. I am only going to go back out when I feel totally ready again.

invisible

O. K. Well my flu is almost gone and I should be fine for running by the end of the week. I always go back two for every one off and advance by feel. Good luck with mending. You have to just accept the down time. The universe is unfolding as it should. Smile
                      evtish

Good luck in your recovery! You're steady progress is very inspiring. BTW - Did you get a chance to check out the legendary abs workout? Level 9 hurts.
                        invisible

Imminent Catastrophe

... Still injured ad depressed. I am only going to go back out when I feel totally ready again.
                            I can relate Undecided

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

I can relate Undecided
                              Cousins, brothers, uncle/nephew? Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

good luck with the recovery, looking forward to seeing you in the land of MAF

Just running for the fun of it!