Pet Pictures! Aaaannnnd - GO! (Read 1553 times)

servingthealiens

Doesn't have to be your running buddy, hell, it can be a pet that doesn't even have legs.  Let's see 'em:

Ceiling Cat

That be Darwin.  The love of my life, reason I breathe, creature who can annoy me more than I had heretofore thought possible, etc etc. 

He just turned 11 this past June, and aside from some extremely expensive minor health problems, is still going strong.  He was born deaf but you'd never know unless I told you, and is the single most amazing, good-hearted being of any species I've ever met.  He has an interesting backstory that I won't bore you all with, but long story short, he had a SEVERE case of kennel cough when I adopted him that the shelter didn't treat for 14 days while I was waiting to bring him home (although they said they were), and he stopped breathing twice in the first week I brought him home.  Three vets gave up on him, the 4th gave him 72 hours.  At hour 71, he started breathing on his own.  After the clinic had already called me about the disposition of his remains when they pulled the plug in an hour.

When we moved, our new vet wanted his old medical records so she'd have his history, and our old clinic faxed them and mailed the x-rays.  Dr. Sandi, our new vet, was somber when she entered the room, and said she'd had to call our old clinic to make sure I'd never had another pet treated there, or that they'd sent the wrong cat's x-rays.

When I asked why, she said "Because the cat whose lungs were on the x-rays I saw?  That cat couldn't have lived."

I just said "Well, you're looking at him."  

He's my one and only, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him.

I also have this sweetie:

Lily

That's my Syrian hamster, Lily.  That pic is from when she was just a tiny baby (too young to be sold to anyone but an experienced keeper, frankly), but it's one of my favorites of her.  I've had other hammies before (2, actually) and it's interesting how they're all so different.  She's tame but not cuddly, super active, mischievous, and inquisitive.  The one before her, Riley, was "meh" about everything.  Ran a bit, ate a bit, nested a bit, played a bit, you could hold him a bit... but nothing too over the top.  Wink  Maybe that's why he lived to almost 4.  The one before HIM, Lucy, was a snugglebug who'd fall asleep on my chest, and would just chill and hang out in my computer desk while I worked, or walk around the bed while I read.  She was awesome (not that I haven't loved my other two), but she unfortunately passed 2 months after I got her of an untreatable uterine infection.  Guess her tiny heart was too big for this world.   

So.  That's their story.  Whatchya'll got?

#artbydmcbride

My babies.  They are sisters.

The darker one is a brave fearless warrior princess, the lighter one is shy and demure. 

Runners run

keeponrunning

T

The calico, Shoo-Shoo, is fun, mischievous, and friendly.  She also matches my cottage furniture so she has learned to sleep like this:  

The orange and white, Sheema, is a bit timider but still friend, lazy, and loves belly rubs.  She sleeps like this:  

The other pet we have I'm a little less fond of.  She's the cocka-poo in my avatar.  All she's good for is running with, and that's only when she wants to.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

servingthealiens

You can run with a cockapoo?

First is Gatsby, an African Grey parrot, around 10 years old.  Loves his hanging fruit basket (which we can no longer use for fruit).  Wolf is another African Grey, around 21.  If there's trouble to be found, he'll find it.  Danielle is an 9 year old blue and gold macaw.  She's a rescue bird and has very strong opinions: likes men, scrambled eggs, cheese and nuts; likes me only if I'm offering treats.  We don't run with these guys.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ojo

<-------  Here's Waldo!  Big grin

I also have a dog (Jazzie) and another cat (Scout).

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Cockapoo =/= cockatiel.  Interesting mental images, though.

This is Lola (no, I don't normally dress her):

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Queen of 3rd Place

This is the same bird on my avatar, Luna the Yellow-headed Amazon (seen here enjoying some mashed sweet potato), who I've had since s/he was weaned in 1987. Her favorite thing to do is sing, her repertoire includes "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Mares Eat Oats" Smile

She can be quite the show-off:

Next is Luna's pal, Dante, a Jardine's Parrot with his big goofy beak and big brown eyes, he's irresistible and a real attention-hound...here he's getting preened by Luna:

I'm glad to have found Dante, because my (dearly departed) lovebird and Senegal Parrot, both a fraction of Luna's size, used to beat up on her!  The lovebird would even terrorize my cats!!

Neither of 'em are worth a damn for running.

Ex runner

Feeling the growl again

Posting a picture of my pet on a running message board would be silly.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Cool Jump Suit

This was my dog George.  He passed away earlier this year.  What a great dog!  Soaking wet here though.

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

keeponrunning

Short distances yes.  Most she's ever done is 1.7mi.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Short distances yes.  Most she's ever done is 1.7mi.  

I have run with my miniature dachshund, maximum about 1/2 block.

Posting a picture of my pet on a running message board would be silly.

+1

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.