First double digit run! (Read 844 times)

I did my first 10 mile run EVER this morning. I meet a running group on Saturdays (training for the Little Rock Marathon/Half-Marathon) and our run today was HILLY! In fact, on the course handouts he titled it, "OUCHO RUN". Shocked Good lord, it was hard! But now that it is under my belt (literally, haha!) I feel great!
    ---- Cynthia
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Doesn't stuff like that make ya' feel so strong and accomplished! You rock, girl! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Well done girl! Wallow in that post-run high.
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        munchkn883

Congratulations!! Enjoy the high!!

Another Passion

Congratualtions Cynthia! That's awesome! To coin Bonkin, I remember my first 10 mile run like it was just a few months ago! Oh wait... it was just a few months ago! Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Very cool!! Isn't it wonderful! It's the kind of pain we don't seem to mind. Smile

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Awesome job, Cynthia! I remember my first 10+ miler. It was brutal. Congrats on gutting out a tough run.

Tick tock

Just Be

Congrats! Smile That first 10 miler is such a major accomplishment. Now that you've crushed it it shouldn't psyche you out anymore! Next thing you know you'll be breaking the half marathon mark!
                    I did my first 10 miler this weekend too! Do you notice that as you gradually work up to these numbers and accomplish them, they don't sound so scary anymore? If I tell non-running friends that I ran 10 miles they think it's insane. They always throw out some relative distance, like "dude that's like from my house to my office and back...you're crazy."
                      Great job on breaking double digits! How are them 1223's suiting you? I remember back in the early 2000s meeting this guy who ran 5 miles every morning. Personally thought it was crazy at the time. I still think running 10 miles a day (regardless of weather) as a commute in Western Canada is crazy, but that's what one guy who works for my current employer does. "dude that's like from my house to my office and back...you're crazy." Friend of mine refuses to walk to work even though he is less than a mile through a residential area too!

Vim

Do you notice that as you gradually work up to these numbers and accomplish them, they don't sound so scary anymore?
                        YES!! A few months ago 5 miles scared me. Now I have a few weeks to get used to 10. Cool
                        ---- Cynthia
                          Great job on breaking double digits! How are them 1223's suiting you? I remember back in the early 2000s meeting this guy who ran 5 miles every morning. Personally thought it was crazy at the time. I still think running 10 miles a day (regardless of weather) as a commute in Western Canada is crazy, but that's what one guy who works for my current employer does. "dude that's like from my house to my office and back...you're crazy." Friend of mine refuses to walk to work even though he is less than a mile through a residential area too!
                          I love the 1223's, they are SO COMFORTABLE! Worth every penny! I can't imagine running 10 miles to work. I'd need a shower and a full set of makeup and blowdryer in my desk! LOL! Big grin
                          ---- Cynthia

Maniac

My buddy is running the half in LR....He trains with that group sometimes, but hasn't lately. His name is Greg...Shorter guy, dark hair...Really talkative...Like a hamster on Meth...

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

pandajenn19

Congrats! That's a huge milestone, and definitely one to be proud of. Smile Good luck with the rest of your training, and let's hope for some decent weather on race day, too.
                                Great job, Cyn!!
                                2009: BQ?