BQ'd Today at Air Force Marathon (Read 237 times)

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Ran a BQ 3:23:18 in my second ever marathon at Air Force. My BQ time was 3:40 for 2016 race. Previous best marathon was this Spring at Flying pig when I ran a 3:49. On to Boston in 2016 ya!

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congratulations cheeseburger!

jpdeaux

Congratulations! Looks like you've been doing the right kind of work. Nice to see guys our age able to hold it all together.

B-Plus

Congrats! That's a huge BQ!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Way to go cb!

steph  

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. You crushed it!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

HermosaBoy

Nice!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jfa

Nicely done!

Julia1971

Congrats!  That's quite a time drop.  Did you do something dramatically different?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congratulations!

Damaris

rlopez

Ran a BQ 3:23:18 in my second ever marathon at Air Force. My BQ time was 3:40 for 2016 race. Previous best marathon was this Spring at Flying pig when I ran a 3:49. On to Boston in 2016 ya!

Congrats, especially given that it got a little warm toward the end.

I have a question.  I was a bit behind you... at your pace, did you have trouble with the half marathon merge at M22 and beyond?  In the 3:45 zone, it was wall-to-wall half marathon walkers for the last 3 1/2 miles.  The last time I ran AF was 2007, and I don't remember it... but then again, I was a wee bit faster that year.

#artbydmcbride

Stevie Ray!   Smile

Runners run

Congrats!!

I am attempting to take off a similar-sized chunk of time, also in a single training cycle. And I have been thinking  I'm probably crazy for even trying, so it's great to know it can be done!

Dave

Hobie1

Congratulations!!!

on my way to badass

Nice cushion on that BQ! Congrats!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28