Yikes!!! Staying healthy before a marathon... (Read 466 times)

va

I am stressed. My wife has been sick with a cough. I am walking around the house with a mask on, sleeping in the guest bedroom, and using anti-bacterial wipes on my hands. I can tell my body is waging a war, trying to fight it off. I don't want to get sick now. Aaaaaaahhhhh! Anyone else have the same worries?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes. I have my 3rd HM and last race of the year in less than 2 weeks and really feel like I've been fighting coming down with something. My allergies are really miserable and did was battling something this weekend, so I keep feeling like I am next. If I'm going to get sick I want to do it NOW and get it over with. And I'm REALLY tired. After the guys left this AM I went back to bed. I'm SO ready for my taper. I'm really looking forward to a couple of months with no race training, too--then I can concentrate on running for general fitness and weight loss, instead of hard race training. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Stephen, I caught a nasty cold last week. I've got a HM this Sunday. I decided to take a day off work and sleep for 12 hours to help my body do what was necessary to win the battle. It seems to have worked, as I have felt loads better since. I hope you avoid the worst and knock your race out of the park! Big grin

Tick tock

Yeah, tis the season for hacking and sniffling and coughing in the workplace. I tell people to stay the hell away from me. If they respond "ha, ha", they get "no REALLY, stay the hell away from me". Keep doing what you're doing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Just coming off a week of being really sick. Hacking cough, sore throat, etc. I was self-quarantined in the guest room for a week. Have instituted a strict 9pm lights out policy this week leading up to Columbus...