Girl problem (bra-related) (Read 1221 times)

sfarrant

Okay, so I am relatively small chested, which means that any sports bra works for me in terms of support and comfort, even for a marathon ... but after running for a while and sweating (and maybe dumping water over my neck) my nipples get, well, highly visible. HEADLIGHTS ON Shocked I'm not having any kind of chafing problem - it's purely aesthetic (I wanna be able to show my students pictures of me crossing a finish line, but I feel a bit uncomfortable about it when, well, you know, my girls are so awake) Are there any solutions to this problem, or should I just photoshop my midsection? Thanks Big grin Sarah
    2008 Harrisburg Half Marathon 1:44:39 2008 Harrisburg Marathon 3:44:00

Flat footer

You can send all the pictures to me and I will photo shop them for you Big grin Evil grin

My wife has the same "problem" but I don't complain about it. Wink Do you wear a shirt over your sports bra? That's the only way she's managed to conceal her headlights.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Queen of 3rd Place

How old are your students? Arla

Ex runner

As a male PIG (and dirty ole man), Ive seen this a few times and have never considered this to really be a problem - rather a benefit of running with women...... Cool However this entire conversation gives credence to a WOMAN's ONLY Forum........Eric, any chance for a little section in RA for women only discussions.....and us guy have to stay out so the women can have a serious conversation about womans issues?

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

However this entire conversation gives credence to a WOMAN's ONLY Forum........Eric, any chance for a little section in RA for women only discussions.....and us guy have to stay out so the women can have a serious conversation about womans issues?
              *ahem* Sarah, see my signature (we can always use another Sara/Sarah Smile). backroadrunner has the same issue. She has pretty much given up trying to find sports bras that conceal things. For regular bras she always buys the ones that have thicker padding in that area, like those VS Ipex bras and T-shirt bras. Champion does have a couple of models that are double-layer for extra support, but they are generally around $40. You'd be better off wearing 2 of the cuter, cheaper sport tops with built--in shelf bra. Or maybe just an extra tank over a minimal sports bra/top.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sfarrant

Yeah, see ... many of my students are 16 year-old boys, so ... Surprised I know it's not a HUGE issue (especially with my wee size A girls and all) ... I mean, I am wearing either a tank or a tee over my bra (sometimes printed t-shirts help divert attention away from the headlights, but I like those wicking tees, and I don't have any with distracting patterns). It's not like I'm being indecent or like people would get offended by my girls. I just get self conscious. After races I grab a towel and drape it so that I can at least have conversations with people without being like "hey! eyes up here, buddy!" Hahahaha I'll check out the website you suggest, Kirsten (and your group! cool! girls only!) because I would pay $40 to solve the problem (if it could be solved) And sorry if the topic makes the boys uncomfortable - I run with a group of guys, and THEY have never complained Big grin ... Sarah
                  Sarah, the conversation doesn't make us feel uncomfortable, but brings out the "Red blooded All American Males" in us. So bottom line, we like it. I think what he was saying, is that you might want to find a place to discuss this to keep us out of the conversation.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

You know they make silicone nipple covers (check google and amazon). Otherwise, I suggest you get paint.net (it's free) and blur them out. I mentioned the nipple covers in another post here.

Vim

LPH - you answered far better then I could......we definately are not uncomfortable and as I said, I consider it one of the benefits of running with women training partners (I train with a number of women in a track session on Wed - and usually really look forward to it).........nice girls and great runners. My point is precisely waht LPH said - there are things women would likely perfer to discuss without us guys being involved.....it makes perfect sense to me (I have been married for 23 years and I am reminded of this requirement often)......good answer LPH...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah, see ... many of my students are 16 year-old boys, so ... Surprised I know it's not a HUGE issue (especially with my wee size A girls and all) ... I mean, I am wearing either a tank or a tee over my bra (sometimes printed t-shirts help divert attention away from the headlights, but I like those wicking tees, and I don't have any with distracting patterns). It's not like I'm being indecent or like people would get offended by my girls. I just get self conscious. After races I grab a towel and drape it so that I can at least have conversations with people without being like "hey! eyes up here, buddy!" Hahahaha I'll check out the website you suggest, Kirsten (and your group! cool! girls only!) because I would pay $40 to solve the problem (if it could be solved) And sorry if the topic makes the boys uncomfortable - I run with a group of guys, and THEY have never complained Big grin ... Sarah
                        Here is the thing, I'm a teacher too of 10th - 12th graders. And here is what I learned - there is NOTHING you can do to stop the fantasies so you might as well just show them the pictures... No matter how hard I try to wear things to hide my ladies and to keep the cold away from my chest (even in warm weather) it just doesn't always work! So I say be proud of your accomplishment and know that they have already thought about you nekkid so you bein nipplie in a photo won't change that. And actually since they've already thought about you nekkid they will probably be able to actually enjoy the photo for what it is - a finish line photo! PS. It is my Hubby who ruined my fantasy about them not fantasizing! Damn him!!
                        Len

Damn Yankee

PS. It is my Hubby who ruined my fantasy about them not fantasizing! Damn him!!
                          He is 100% right though.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

sfarrant

I so would like to cling to my fantasy that the boys wouldn't fantasize about me ... but I guess boys would fantasize about trees if they were standing in front of the room! Hahahahaha Well, I certainly am not uncomfortable discussing the topic with guys - I know many of you run with women or have wives or girlfriends, and often have good solutions to girl problems. I will look into silicone nipple covers, but I'm not promising anything ... really comfort is the foremost consideration. Smile Sarah

ultramarathon/triathlete

Has anyone suggested bandaids yet? I use them for nip chaff, and they also keep them from getting to pokey thru the shirt. Mine are always hard since they were both pierced, so they rub and chaff easily. Anyway, the nipple sized bandaids should help your issue too. And I should also add that there's nothing wrong with headlights, but I do get your concern about the students.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

Ostrich runner

I don't even have any idea what y'all look like, but I'm thinking of you naked right now. Yes

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum