Runner's knee pain help??? (Read 70 times)

slayerming2

Hey Everyone

So I'm an 18 year old male. So basically three years ago I ran a lot on my treadmill at home with old walking shoes. By the time I decided to get asics running shoes I had already been running on my old shoes for about a few months and I already felt the pain. I stopped and went to a sports doctor. He recommended that I go see a physical therapist. So the first three months I felt a good bit of improvement and than the next six months I felt no change if not a little be worse. I went to another doctor and after getting and MRI and other examinations he said he didn't know and I should just bear with it.... Well It's been a year and I kind of stopped during all the stretches and exercises. The last month I started doing them again and it feels a little better until recently where it felt like it wasn't helping as much. I feel this pain usually when I'm sitting or in the car or just standing still. I feel fine just walking. I haven't really tried running at all. While I was at physical therapy they taped my knee and that seemed to help a bit. Do you know any tape that would be good to use? So what do you suggest I do? I'm just confused why it hurts when I'm just sitting down and not even running at all?

Thanks!

I had to deal with this for a couple of years.  What is finally came down to is rest.  If I remember correctly I took about three weeks off of running (100% off).  Then I made sure I did not increase my mileage too much.  The last thing was cross training.  I made sure I had at least one other activiity that I did each week (bike, swim, weights, etc).  Like any running injury you need to take time off and not increase mileage too much.  Hard for runners to hear but it is really the only way.  Our body's hurt for a reason - too much too quickly.

slayerming2

I had to deal with this for a couple of years.  What is finally came down to is rest.  If I remember correctly I took about three weeks off of running (100% off).  Then I made sure I did not increase my mileage too much.  The last thing was cross training.  I made sure I had at least one other activiity that I did each week (bike, swim, weights, etc).  Like any running injury you need to take time off and not increase mileage too much.  Hard for runners to hear but it is really the only way.  Our body's hurt for a reason - too much too quickly.

Problem is I haven't ran(besides for a minute or two to get to a place faster) in three years. All I do is stand, walk, sit and still feel a good bit of pain. As I typing this while sitting down, my right knee is in pain. I've done cross training for both swimming and bike and it didn't really help that much. I did weights while I was at physical therapy.

DoppleBock

I have had the issue since January.  I was lazy and was not aggressive with my stretching.  I am now stretching 3x a day.  If it is hurting more that day, I might even run on dirt rail trail instead.

Some days it barks, but overall it is steadily getting better the last 2 months since, I stopped being lazy.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS - See someone better

If you were in WI ~ I would tell you to go here

http://naturalrunningcenter.com/columnists/bryan-heiderscheit/

Bryan is a legend in giving treatments (More stretched, strengthening, self manipulation) that work while you keep running.  His is also legend for some of the treatments being very painful.  But runners, run and they can usually keep running if they go to Bryan.

Problem is I haven't ran(besides for a minute or two to get to a place faster) in three years. All I do is stand, walk, sit and still feel a good bit of pain. As I typing this while sitting down, my right knee is in pain. I've done cross training for both swimming and bike and it didn't really help that much. I did weights while I was at physical therapy.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !