Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

Rundadrun27

Cars that don't stop for you at pedestrian crosswalks, even when you're obviously waiting to cross.
    +1

Half Fanatic #846

Injuries that keep me from running (okay, technically this isn't when I run) Hidden roots and stumps that face-plant me on the trail... People that slowly drive behind me while I'm running and won't pass.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My knee waiting to act up until I'm 7 miles from my front door, wind that seems to be in my face regardless of what direction I run, ice, gypsy moth caterpillars covering the road, 6" or more of unplowed snow on my long run day, the neighbor's Dachshund...I shall call him Mini Cujo...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Skooter 3.0

+1 on all issues with cars.

Goals?

Cycler's who don't like to share the road. You would think after getting buzzed by enough cars they'd realize it's not an enjoyable experience.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Running by smelly port-o-potties. Groups that hog the whole path and don't let me by. People who run on the wrong side of the path and don't move for people coming at them on the correct side of the path. Am I the only one who treats paths like roads?

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Dunottar

+1 on all issues with cars.
                High beams and fata##es that can't nudge their steering wheel 2 degrees to the left to give me a few extra feet of 'safety' space and acknowledge that they see a pedestrian on the shoulder in the dark**... ....my first reaction is usually, "Put down the freakin' <insert> [Coffee, Egg McMuffin, cell phone, make-up, etc.] and glance out your windshield, dumba##." **and, yes,...I'm lit up like the Las Vegas strip on pre-dawn runs.</insert>
                jeffdonahue

High beams and fata##es that can't nudge their steering wheel 2 degrees to the left to give me a few extra feet of 'safety' space and acknowledge that they see a pedestrian on the shoulder in the dark**... ....my first reaction is usually, "Put down the freakin'
                  I used to blame stuff like this on it being dark, but find that they are just as bad in the middle of the day.
                  bap

That last fricking hill that you weren't expecting.

Certified Running Coach
                    Crocked since 2013

bap

High beams and fata##es that can't nudge their steering wheel 2 degrees to the left to give me a few extra feet of 'safety' space and acknowledge that they see a pedestrian on the shoulder in the dark**... ....my first reaction is usually, "Put down the freakin'
                      Shine a powerful flashlight in their face when they are still some way away.. It will freak them out and they'll probably slow down. Running stores should sell imitation moose eyes.

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

Everything everyone has said about cars, semi's, buses, trucks... ahh... and I have to agree with the wind comment... if there is a strong head wind 15 mph+ I am usually cursing at it until I have it at my back. And then... I am loving it Big grin
                        Roses Revenge

+ another one on the cars. Especially the guy pulling out of the grocery store parking lot who looked right at me and then said he didn't see me when I yelled at him.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

On My Horse

When you didn't drink enough water before running, so you stop sweating half way into your run, and spend the rest of it covered in dry salt. That is just the worst, especially on my neck. Luckily this doesn't happen frequently.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

People who let their dogs run free and think it's funny when they chase you down the road. Wind chill that makes it impossible to get my a@@ out the door. (-33 C here yesterday and today with wind) I can run in the cold but the wind..... Angry Yes to all the people in cars that don't move over or even see you.
                              xor

a@@. Okey doke.