Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

Me and my gang in Breck

Doing a 10 mile run, 5 out and 5 back and not realizing the wind was with me the on the way out.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Yesterday I was quite mad when a truck went off the road onto the sholder all the way into the grass to scare me.
      The guy didn't try to run me off the road, but laid on his horn right when he was next to me. And weak-a$$ horn at that. Big Truck + weak-$$ horn = little itty bitty weenie. Yes on all the other car stuff. And yes on dogs running loose. Not sure how I didn't end up bit a few weeks ago, but I told the owner he was f*^& lucky his dog didn't bite me. Little bastard came barreling out of his driveway and across the road to get me - 3 times! The owner finally corralled it the 3rd time. $%*^ I was mad! AngryAngryAngry Talk about a high HR!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

redleaf

... Groups that hog the whole path and don't let me by. People who run on the wrong side of the path and don't move for people coming at them on the correct side of the path. Am I the only one who treats paths like roads?
        I second this one. I am "slow and plodding" at the best of times but you cannot miss me coming. I've come to the point where I just don't move. I play in net I'm pretty solid I think I know who'll win that one.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

uncontrollable

falling

peace

Man in Tights

honkers
              wait, boobs make you swear?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xhristopher

#1 People who run their dogs on the asphalt walking/running track and don't stop when Fido craps, so there are a trail of dog turds for about 10 feet.  What lazy inconsiderate asses.

#2 People who are considerate enough to put their dog's crap in a plastic bag.....but then leave the bag by the side of the track.

My top 10 list would all involve drivers of motor vehicles.

Runners run

Right at the top of the swear list would be drivers turning right on red...they've nearly hit me several times.

Dogs that growl and snap (yes, I started the infamous "Question for owners of aggressive dogs" thread).

+1 to this. My wife and I joke about the "Wild Pack of Rabid Yorkies", that live at the top of my favorite hill run. The owners are considerate when they are outside, but... When they aren't looking, those little balls of fur and hairbows are just waiting to strike !!!

LOL... Actually, I have been bitten once by a dog, (or at least by a non-Yorkie size dog), during a run. The dog was going nuts as I ran by and the owner jokingly said "sick him". The dog didn't hesitate. Thankfully the owner was completely mortified and never imagined her dog would have actually done it. I actually felt bad for her. Now she grabs her dog and waves every time I run by.

And of course I can't forget the time my daughter and I were running and a black lab puppy snagged my water bottle. I got an interval workout just trying to chase it down...

beat

Break on through

LOL... Actually, I have been bitten once by a dog, (or at least by a non-Yorkie size dog), during a run. The dog was going nuts as I ran by and the owner jokingly said "sick him". The dog didn't hesitate. Thankfully the owner was completely mortified and never imagined her dog would have actually done it. I actually felt bad for her. Now she grabs her dog and waves every time I run by.

So the dog didn't get that she was joking.  It's a rare dog indeed, that understands irony.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I often run in the dark, so a variety of things will trigger the swear instinct:

• the unseen tree branch into which I whack my head;
                            • the cute little bunny rabbit that scares the crap out of me (however, if early in the run, that kinda takes care of the whole mid-run poop thing Joking);
                            • the guy on the path riding his covered, bobsled-looking recumbent bike well before sunrise with just one small light on it;
                            • bikers who don't warn before passing;
                            • most drivers;
                            • locked door at the park restrooms.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

My top 10 list would all involve drivers of motor vehicles.

Yes. This. I am especially over the people who require, in order to live in the middle of Berlin, the 50,000 euro gigantic mega SUV. Yeah, you need that because...when you run me over, you want to make sure I'm really, REALLY dead?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Running buddies who are late or stand you up.

Ruins my whole run especially if I have to go home and get my iPod, then return to run.

So inconsiderate.  Was definitely cursing about this today.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb