Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

I hunt myself

Success here seems counter-productive.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

running metalhead

Dutch "sport" bikers!!!
      I'll write a forum entry on them, they deserve it

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
      - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
      - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
      - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
      - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
      - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Someone chasing me with his car.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Things that make me swear when I run, there's a whole SHITload of them.  I find swearing helps me through a lot when I'm running.

1.) Lactic Acid build up at the end of 5K, or 10Ks

2.) Getting sore at mile 5 when I have 8 more to go.

3.) Cars that don't look towards me when I'm running a work out and pull out.

4.) Cars that try to make a left hand turn and nearly hit me at lights.

5.)  People who start 'racing' you when you try to pass them on a trail or road.

6.) Myself, when I start fading at the end of a run or race.

7.) People, not running , in lane 1 on my track workouts.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I swear at, but just a few.

an amazing likeness

Well, for one...the running.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Chasing the bus

Found a new one. Septic tank pumping where I'm running. Not out loud, of course, because I'm trying hard to NOT breath.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
              Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Queen of 3rd Place

Coming toward the last turn of a race and the course monitors have stopped paying attention to their station! I love volunteers and always thank them until I'm blue, but I'll admit to screaming "where's the fucking turn??!" Sure, it's the senior's women's division and there's almost nobody left but walkers, but yeah, we're actually racing, dammit.

Ex runner

montag

Super Pro Lurker

5.)  People who start 'racing' you when you try to pass them on a trail or road.

This ^ and garbage trucks.

This.....

When I am tired and not picking up my feet on a trail race and fall for the 5-8th time I tend to swear at myself.  

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

runlikeagirI

I love volunteers, they rock and races wouldn't happen without them.  I too thank them profusely at every race.   However, every once in a while, something happens that makes me scream WTF?!?!?! I did a half marathon last weekend and only drank water for the first half.  The second half had a slight uphill grade almsot the entire way back, and at the water stop at about mile 7-8 I wanted sports drink.  Water was first, gatorade second at the stops.  So once I get to the gatorade cups, I'm looking one of the people working the stop right in the face as I run toward her with my hand open to get the cup.  I say "gatorade" and she's looking me straight in the face as well, makes absolutely no move towards me and instead reaches it out to the guy behind me.  I pretty much came to a dead stop and went REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Another volunteer came out from behind the table and handed me a cup.  I felt like a major douche.. but effin' SERIOUSLY!

Coming toward the last turn of a race and the course monitors have stopped paying attention to their station! I love volunteers and always thank them until I'm blue, but I'll admit to screaming "where's the fucking turn??!" Sure, it's the senior's women's division and there's almost nobody left but walkers, but yeah, we're actually racing, dammit.

That happens often and not just to the Senior Woman's division. A few times I've had to gesture (cuz I was breathing to hard to talk) "uh, which way, please... I can't read your mind..."

DaBurger

Its even better when it happens to the fast people when the volunteers lead the race through a wrong turn... then everyone who followed the lead bike gets DQ'd

Know thyself.

Its even better when it happens to the fast people when the volunteers lead the race through a wrong turn... then everyone who followed the lead bike gets DQ'd

Oh yeah, well if you only run really well established events that are hosted by top notch organizations--like say, if you're running the Men's Championship 8k at the Mayors Cup Cross Country Races, hosted by the BAA--then this type of stuff never happens.

Right?

Runners run

When you pass the lead bike going up a hill and then they stop to chat with someone while you wonder WTF is going on.

xhristopher

Yesterday morning as I was jogging along watching the frost evaporate and noting the clouds of mist gather on the lake I thought to myself "Shit, this is nice."