Wrist ID Tags (Read 2351 times)

mjbrown2001

Any comments/preferences for the many different types of wrist/ankle identification tags out there for athletes? Figure it makes sense when I'm out on a run alone, to have ID with me.

I know we probably can't mention brand names, but there are several options for material (silicone, rubber, nylon etc.) and closures (watch clasp, velcro etc.).

Any comments before I order one?

Thanks! 

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
    xor

:-)  We can mention brand names.  (it's just when someone posts and seems to be trying to sell something... that's different)

RoadID. The wrist one that is not made out of permastinkable fabric.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...and I had the silicone band one and ended up having issues with the sweat/sunblock combo underneath the band causing a raised red ring of eczema or some other reaction around my wrist last Summer...itched like a mofo.  I switched to the fabric one with the velcro closure and haven't had issues (I run it through the wash in a delicates bag every often when it starts getting funky).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RoadID. The wrist one that is not made out of permastinkable fabric.

+1

I have run with one of these for 4 years. Just moved so ordered another one. They sent a coupon code with it:

ThanksMatthew8156208

They say:

This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days. Feel free to send this coupon via email, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, town crier, or good ole fashion smoke signal.

Should be good up to 8/19/11

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

I have a road ID also.  I have had the fabric one and have the silicone one now.  I think I liked the fabric one better, it was a bit more comfortable to wear although it did have to be washed occasionally.  I am curious about the vitaband, if I see it at an expo and the band is comfortable I might consider them.  It would be nice to not have to carry money or a credit card to the water stops at a gas station.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

dennrunner

Road ID fabric with velcro closure.

No permastink if you rinse it out every few runs. (Or maybe I just stink less than SRL.)

I had a RoadId coupon still on a race bib from the other weekend anyone is welcome to use.

$2 off code EZ98YFSG

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

xor

No permastink if you rinse it out every few runs. (Or maybe I just stink less than SRL.)

Hey man, I smell like fresh flowers.

I said permastink-ABLE, not guaranteed.  I save those guarantees for threads entitled FEET.

MrH

I have a velcro Road ID that threads through shoe laces. No sweat issues.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I actually have both the fabric and silicone Road ID bands.  The fabric one developed a recurring case of perma-stink; I wash it about every half-dozen runs to keep it in line.  The silicone version works great for me.  I sized it slightly loose, since it really doesn't bang around on my wrist when I run or ride and the looseness lets my skin breathe underneath.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Eoin

Another one with Road ID fabric with velcro closure.

Eoin

Next goal: Sub4hr in DCM

http://eobeara.blogspot.com

That's Ms Squeak to you!

I use the RoadID with the rubbery type wristband and metal closure. Looks classy in black and doesn't get stinkified. Smile

"run" "2" "eat"

i wear my road ID around my ankle.

i need to get a new one, though, because i have developed into a bundle of issues since i got this tag.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I have a road ID also.  I have had the fabric one and have the silicone one now.  I think I liked the fabric one better, it was a bit more comfortable to wear although it did have to be washed occasionally.  I am curious about the vitaband, if I see it at an expo and the band is comfortable I might consider them.  It would be nice to not have to carry money or a credit card to the water stops at a gas station.

Thanks for bringing the Vitband to my attention. I have to check around how many vendors in my area are set-up to accept contactless payment. Cool beans!

wes1030m

i wear my road ID around my ankle.

i need to get a new one, though, because i have developed into a bundle of issues since i got this tag.

+1, I can't smell it from there Big grin