Any other sad GT2110 fans out there? (Read 1135 times)

So, I've determined that the Asics GT2110 is the only shoe that makes my legs happy! Yes, the 2110, the one that Asics, in their infinite wisdom, discontinued! The 2120...just not the same. From the minute I put on a pair of 2110's, they are "broke in". There is no need to wear them on shorter runs initially, or use them for a few weeks prior to a race. They are ready right out of the box!! I've tried a Saucony shoe (not sure what it was), the NB 767 (worst run of my life!) and most recently a new Reebok shoe. Reebok isn't who I think of when it comes to running shoes, but they are supposedly trying to make a name in the running shoe world right now. Besides, the owner of my favorite running store said to give it a try, give him a full & honest review & bring it back if it sucked so he can talk to the rep about it. Well, it sucked! Actually, on my first run with it, a 6.5 miler, it wasn't too bad. Then on a 1.5mi run tonight, I broke down & walked back to get my other shoes. And the 2110's are getting fewer & fewer online in any average sizes. I'm ordering a couple tonight to be safe. And then I'm going to whine to Asics that they MUST bring back the 2110!!
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      I'm a 2110 fan though the last pair of shoes I bought were Mizuno's Alchemy 6 https://www.zanzabarbazaar.com/Store/Store_ProductDetailDesc.aspx?ManufacturerID=9&ProductID=10142&CategoryID=34&SubProductID= since it's getting harder and harder to find 2110. They aren't as cushy as the Asics are but they work for me.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Jeffrey

I recently bought 4 pairs of the Asics Gel Kayano XII (2006) via Amazon -> Footlocker [same company as Eastbay]. They seem to have a good back-catalog of shoes. You could try there if your source runs out. Asics totally changed the Kayano XIII (2007) on me. Different cut/feel all-the-way-around the shoe. I did what any insane runner would do; bought bulk. I do not like to experiment with shoes. Smile
        And the 2110's are getting fewer & fewer online in any average sizes. I'm ordering a couple tonight to be safe. And then I'm going to whine to Asics that they MUST bring back the 2110!!
          Experimenting has not went well for me!! I'm buying the 2110's before they are gone! Smile
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            Doesn't Asics "upgrade" their shoes in the GT2xxx and Kayano range every year? I don't think there is much we can do about that. I have run in GT2080, GT2090, GT2100, GT2110 and Kayano(2006model) They have all been great. I have not tried GT2120 or Kayano 2007 yet. I don't think there is aynthing wrong about buying bulk. I am planning on brining back 3-4 pairs of Asics from my vacation in Malaysia next week. They are cheap out there!!! I did try a pair of Adidas, I still have them because I never run in them, :-) They are going to last forever. an't you scour ebay or the like for 2110's. I wish you luck in your hunt.
            Run more.
            vicentefrijole

Have you tried this? http://www.myrunningshoe.net/ Someone on here recommended it a while back.. I've not tried it but it sounds like a great idea? Big grin
              jcasetnl

I'm not sure if any of you will read this in time, but I'm also a fan of the gt2110 and was looking to pick up a pair before they were totally gone. They still have them at eastbay.com, for $70, but I did a little searching and found a 20% promo coupon here: http://www.couponb.com/Eastbay.htm I used LKS175F2 succesfully at 11AM PST on 5/19. Eastbay seems to do a lot of promo coupons. I found several sites around the net with their coupons. Just keep trying different codes until you find one that works. So I got two pairs for about $120, including shipping! They also have them at Sierra Trading post and I was literally one click away from buying when I saw their whole religious thing on their site. Nothing against religion, but whether I'm shopping online or I walk into a sporting goods store, I don't expect a religious pamphlet to be pushed at me.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They also have them at Sierra Trading post and I was literally one click away from buying when I saw their whole religious thing on their site. Nothing against religion, but whether I'm shopping online or I walk into a sporting goods store, I don't expect a religious pamphlet to be pushed at me.
                  Huh...I have never noticed that. I've spent a ton at STP over the years...where is this? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, If you click on "What We Believe" or "Keith's Story" you will see, for example, what is listed below. I am confused as to how this would be offensive to someone or keep them from getting a deal. It looks like this company is doing their utmost to give great service at a great price. I am saddened that a fellow RA'r would not shop from them because of this. ************ About Us > We Believe Sierra Trading Post wants to be your first choice for outdoor clothing and equipment. In order to be the best, we follow three simple "We Believe" statements. 1. That our customers must be given the best possible service. 2. That we must keep our operating costs as low as possible- to keep your savings as high as possible. 3. That our business ethics must be consistent with the faith of the owners in Jesus Christ and His teachings. We invite you to write our founder and president, Keith Richardson, if what we do does not match what we believe... We Will Make It Right ********** I guess this gives me the opportunity to say, that as a Christian, I want to apologize to the RA community for what Jerry Fallwell, certain organized religions, the Crusades...anything that has been done, said, spoken, or acted upon that is against the very core teachings of Jesus Christ. I apologize to you all. It saddens me that, for many, the image of a Christian is a hate speaking tv personality or a ruler toting nun. Instead, I ask you to think of Mother Theresa, Bono, and the other Christians that have and are toiling to make the world a better place and are living out of love as Christ challenged the world to live. At the end of the day, we are all human and imperfect and flawed in our unique ways. Let's live love. And, please, get the running shoe deals wherever and whenever you can. Oh, and don't buy from Ebay unless you know the model of the shoe...I have five Asics size 9 running shoes now...that are not the size 9 my GT 2110's are. Good times!
                    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3. That our business ethics must be consistent with the faith of the owners in Jesus Christ and His teachings.
                      Yeah, that doesn't bother me. The fact that I have never even noticed that means they aren't shoving any beliefs at me. I've always gotten excellent products and services from STP. I wouldn't care if their business ethics were consistent with the teaching of the Flying Spaghetti Monster--if I get a good deal on good products, then I'm happy. STP is a good souce for quality closeouts and discontinued models...and Smartwool socks, baby! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I have heard of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :-) But, good on ya... a buck is a buck and saving them is good!
                        If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And don't even get me started on how much Eastbay sucks. A year ago I ordered a pair of shoes from them when they had a good special offer (I think it was 30% off and the shoes were $100)...and waited and waited and waited while they were on backorder. Finally they notified me that they wouldn't be getting that particular color in. So I asked if they could send me a different color of the SAME shoe. They wouldn't honor their offer at this point, since it had expired. I waited over a month for those shoes, then they were unwilling to honor the original offer. I e-mailed them back and asked if losing a customer was worth it to them and didn't hear back, so I ordered the shoes elsewhere. Then maybe a week later they finally get back to me and tell me that they had changed their tune and would honor the discount. Too bad, so sad fluckers--too little too late...I won't shop with you anymore, I don't care if you are based in my home state. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, that stinks! I have been a big fan of internet shopping, but, lately my experiences have not been good. I ordered a dozen roses for my mom for Mother's Day from FTD.com and they sent 11 and they were wilted, and this was on the 10th. It took until the 15th for her to get the replacements. Then my shoes from Ebay. I run in GT 2110 and GT 2090's but I bought 3 Gel Foundation VI from Ebay...size 9...but they seem shorter than the other Asics. I do not want to lose toenails or injure myself. Then I ordered from Baudville.com...which normally is an awesome staff recognition company...but what they sent me was not even close to the online pictures. I think I am sticking to stores where I can walk in and actually touch the merchandise for awhile...
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Norm, check out this thread. I have had great luck with onlineshoes.com--their prices aren't the lowest, but their service is awesome. Kelly's Running Warehouse and Runbargains.com have also been good places to shop, as long as you know exactly what you're looking for. I'm not sure how they are for returns.

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, Kirsten!