HR strap batteries (Read 577 times)

Anybody have an idea how long a battery in the 305's HR strap lasts? Mine's about 2 years old and it doesn't maintain connection with the watch. It'll come and go. I'm guessing it's probably a weak battery so while I'm out today I'll get a replacement to see if that fixes it. I just thought it'd last longer than 2 years.
      I've gone through a number of batteries on my 305 and other HR monitors, and its more like 6-12 months depending on the frequency of use.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Non ducor, duco.

Is there a trick to replacing the batteries? I replaced my battery with the correct new one (i checked the manual) and now it doesn't work. I tried clicking my heels and then jumping up and down, but no workie. Ideas?
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Is there a trick to replacing the batteries? I replaced my battery with the correct new one (i checked the manual) and now it doesn't work. I tried clicking my heels and then jumping up and down, but no workie. Ideas?
          Maybe it's in upside down? Maybe your new battery's a dud?

Roads were made for journeys...

Non ducor, duco.

I will get another new battery bc I have tried it each and every way. Evil grin
              I will get another new battery bc I have tried it each and every way. Evil grin
              Did you go to the menus to let it "re find" the HR monitor?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Did you go to the menus to let it "re find" the HR monitor?
                +1. I usually have to re-sync the strap with the 305 when I change the battery.

I just went through this. You have to re-synchronize the watch and the strap. I had to call garmin, but somewhere on the watch there is a command for it. I figured this out AFTER I ordered a whole new strap/chest sensor.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I just tested it too, it definitely "un-synchs" when you remove the battery. To re-sync: Hit Mode to get to the main menu. Hit Settings. Hit General. Hit Accessories. Hit Heart Rate Monitor. Arrow down and highlight "Restart Scan". Hit Enter. You're done.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Non ducor, duco.

COOL! Thanks all!

Marathonmanleto

Hey thanks guys. I just replaced battery and same "deadness" occurred. Considered calling Garmin, but haven't gotten around to it.

Non ducor, duco.

I went to actually do this today and my watch is DEADER than Elvis. It wont do ANYTHING. Evil grin It was connected to the charger properly and the charger is plugged in. The battery charging message wont even come up.
                            I went to actually do this today and my watch is DEADER than Elvis. It wont do ANYTHING. Evil grin It was connected to the charger properly and the charger is plugged in. The battery charging message wont even come up.
                            Try a reboot: press the mode and the lap/reset button simultaneously for a few seconds. Then press the power button.

Non ducor, duco.

Tah-Dah! Thanks. Why do they make a stupid manual and then dont include this stuff!
                                That was my gripe. I'm pretty good with technology, and I searched online AND read the manual and couldn't find anything about the Scan.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth