>Running 101>My First Run...
Roads were made for journeys...
'07: 1324.5 | '08: 1561 | '09: 1810.9 run ~ 208.7 bike | '10: 1,000.3 run ~ 3513.5 bike | '11: 710.3 run ~ 4157.9 bike '12: 659.9 run ~ 3365.6 bike (100% benched by ortho last 4.5 weeks while in long-arm cast)
• DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!!!
• get within 5#s of 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)
• 1st olympic distance duathlon
• 1st Iceman Cometh mtn bike race
• Half Fanatic
• punch Type 1 in the junk
I've been lurking around for the last week or so reading posts while postponing actually lacing up and getting out there and running. Tonight, I ran...if you could call it that. It was more like jog...stop to breath and walk....jog...stop to breath and walk. Regardless I'm glad I got out there and surprisingly look forward to doing it again.
I learned some important lessons already:
- Putting the chest straps back on a camelbak is harder than taking them off
- The Nike iPod armband leaves something to be desired (starting with how do you put it on without three arms?)
- My running shoes need some updating
- Stretching is a good thing
- Banana ice cream is probably no longer a sufficient source of potassium (was it ever?)
- My dog needs time to realize she's my running partner and not the other way around
- I can't drive on the bike path to determine how far I've gone (may want to invest in the Nike+ thinga-ma-jig)
I hope to make some friends on here. I use to run about 8 years ago but got away from it. Now, I'm looking forward to getting back into it for a bunch of reasons (see my profile).
Hi, Stephanie--great to have you here...don't forget to check out The Ladies' Locker Room group (e-mail me for the password).
* They make banana ice cream? Seriously?
Should I just use the e-mail on your website to contact you? Not sure how to e-mail you for the password.
What made you decide on the that Half Marathon?
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.