My First Run... (Read 1251 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Stephanie. I see you've gotten your profile and log viewable, but it looks like you've not logged anything yet. Are you having trouble with the interface?

Roads were made for journeys...

Are you having trouble with the interface?
      No it looks simply enough but I haven't really played with it yet. Do I have to publish a URL or whatever that option is, as well? Oh and my routes have "w. Halo" or "w. Gamble". Those are my mutts! I figured I could track their running also. Well, their fast walking and trotting. Ahhhh I cannot wait until the day they break a pant running with me! Thanks! Stephanie
      To keep it, you have to give it away.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! w. Halo! That's cute! No, you don't have to publish a URL or anything like that. I see now that you just hadn't put in a distance with the workoout so it hadn't shown up as a distance on the summary page. Gotcha! Nothing wrong with going by time. Zoom-zoom does her stuff by time. I like distance because my speeds vary and, well, if I go out for, say, 30 minutes in one direction it's no guarantee that I'll be back home in 30 minutes if I just turn around... Wink Patience on the breaking a pant while running with you, eh? Remember *they've* got to get in shape for running too, LOL! Poor mutts! Tongue

vicentefrijole

Come on?! Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey baby! (Unfortunately it turns you into a chunky monkey as well - I'm living proof!)
          Hey Stephanie Welcome aboard! As for B&J, I like 'The Godfather' best. Great picture of one of your dogs!
            I like 'The Godfather' best. Great picture of one of your dogs!
            Thanks. The pic is of Halo. I like it because it looks so weird. As for B&J's, I think everyone should have a favorite! However, I must tell you I'm a more dedicated fan (you're jealous I know), but it's the GOBfather, not GODfather. Big grin Stephanie
              TNT Rocks! I did my first marathon with them and they WILL get you through the finish line - keep us posted!! lisak
              Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As for B&J's, I think everyone should have a favorite!
                PB cup is da shizznit! Though I recently tried a new one...Magic Brownies. I think it was vanilla with brownies and raspberry jam swirls. OMG, that was good! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PB cup is da shizznit! Though I recently tried a new one...Magic Brownies. I think it was vanilla with brownies and raspberry jam swirls. OMG, that was good!
                  Gotta try the Strawberry Cheesecake. One word...MOOOOOO! Stephanie
                    TNT Rocks! I did my first marathon with them and they WILL get you through the finish line - keep us posted!! lisak
                    Will do, thanks! I'm looking forward to the first meeting to sign up, in January. Until, then, I'm just starting to get ready on my own. Stephanie
                      Hey Stephanie! Smile Just wanted to say thanks for raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My husband was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2001. We were lucky. He made it through. It's a nasty disease and unfortunately most people aren't as lucky. Cry The L&LS were great to us while we were going through it. It's definitely a worthwhile cause. You rock! Big grin Teresa
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gotta try the Strawberry Cheesecake. One word...MOOOOOO!
                        Another word...OINK! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just out of curiosity - why cant you run with both dogs at once? Do they pull too much? (I hope you can at least walk them together!) And does the other dog get jealous? Can you tell I really want a dog? I know I cant make the committment at the moment, but my biological dog-clock seems to have been ticking really loud for the past few years. I keep threatening to kidnap my parent's dog, but I dont think they let you take dogs on Southwest and I never drive home these days.
                            BTW - for all you people starting out, check out what I did today. http://www.runningahead.com/maps/d839be33e2fd452a86dff7b141712270 I started out where you all were - I didnt do the C25K program, but a friend made me a schedule to go from not being able to run a mile (started out with run 5 mins, walk 10, repeat 3 times) and I remember going on a 1.5 mile run with him 3 weeks into it and practically dying but not wanting to show him I was weak and ask him to slow down or anything, to my first half-marathon the last weekend in April. And I am still running and having a blast. So keep up the hard work! BTW - I am so jealous that you are going to Alaska for your half - I so want to get back there!!!
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, that's quite a run... and quite some hills! Did you have to dodge the golf balls? Smile

Just out of curiosity - why cant you run with both dogs at once? Do they pull too much? (I hope you can at least walk them together!) And does the other dog get jealous?
                                They both weigh 135 pounds a piece. If they want to get into a tussle with a squirrel, I don't stand a chance. Besides, its good for them to have time away from each other and just bond with me and not just each other. (Also a good reason to never get two or more dogs at the same age... they have each other as friends, they don't need you.) When you are ready to get a dog first RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Pick a dog that suits your lifestyle (I've been a couch potato...Great Danes great make great companions.) If you don't want a dog that barks, don't get a Norweigen Elkhound, if you want a dog that doesn't dig, don't get a terrier who was bred for 100's of years to dig. The biggest thing is to get a dog that goes with your lifestyle. Too many people spontaneously buy (not you obviously) and hence we have between 4-6 million adoptable pets put down every year in this country. Disposable country in every sense. Also, look into purebred rescues if you are set on a purebreed. Just google the breed and rescue. You'll find one. Often their adoption processes are grueling but there's a reason. These dogs have already been given up. They want to make sure they are going to their last home. And never buy from a pet store. Visit www.prisonersofgreed.org. Sorry for the lecture. I used to train dogs and I'm a bit of a "fanatic." Stephanie