2012 Goal of Sub 4:00 Marathon (Read 4210 times)

For me, 8m general aerobic with strides on Saturday, and 12m medium LR on Sunday today.

Got an e-mail confirming entry into NYC Half on March 17th. Would like to make this a bit of an objective, and would seek some advice:

- my Training  plan up to now was to start a Pfitz 18/55 on december 31st, takimg me through to the NJ Narathon on May 5th.

- NYC Half falls on week 11 of the program

- in order to race this HM in good conditions and not jeopardize ny full marathon, I am thinking of doing the following:

1. make the 18/55 a 20/55, which means I started already on December 17th, and the HM moves from week 11 of 18 to week 13 of 20

2. stick to the 18/55 plan (now 20/55) with the exception of week 13 and week 14 which I will use for HM taper and HM recovery

Does that sound reasonable? Can I run the HM all out without jeopardizing the Marathon by doing things this way?

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

For me, 8m general aerobic with strides on Saturday, and 12m medium LR on Sunday today.

Got an e-mail confirming entry into NYC Half on March 17th. Would like to make this a bit of an objective, and would seek some advice:

- my Training  plan up to now was to start a Pfitz 18/55 on december 31st, takimg me through to the NJ Narathon on May 5th.

- NYC Half falls on week 11 of the program

- in order to race this HM in good conditions and not jeopardize ny full marathon, I am thinking of doing the following:

1. make the 18/55 a 20/55, which means I started already on December 17th, and the HM moves from week 11 of 18 to week 13 of 20

2. stick to the 18/55 plan (now 20/55) with the exception of week 13 and week 14 which I will use for HM taper and HM recovery

Does that sound reasonable? Can I run the HM all out without jeopardizing the Marathon by doing things this way?

Do the 20/ 55 but do not taper for the HM. The recovery for the HM should be about a 35 mile week. If, I remember correctly the Pfitz taper for the marathon is 3 weeks. I needed the 3 week taper. Keep your  easy runs easy. 1:30 -2:00  minutes over marathon pace. I tweaked Pfitz 18/55 to BQ.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/