Any suggestions for getting over achilles tendinitis? (Read 2112 times)

DoppleBock

Achillies is a long tendon - Just usually the issue is at the lowet attachment.  There are times I get naggly in the upper achillies - But then it seems to move ino the lower calf muscle.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I do find for me I can do loads of easy running and almost any ailment eventually goes away or at least into hiding.  It is speed that kills my ailments.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

For non-insertional Achilles issues: READ HERE.  Some tidbits:

• Continuing an activity such as running, while monitoring pain, is as effective as resting while enrolled in an eccentric strengthening program.
        • In 1 trial of 212 patients who received an oral NSAID or placebo for 14 days, significantly fewer patients in the placebo group achieved a good or excellent symptom relief.  A second RCT of 243 patients compared treatment with a topical NSAID to placebo for 21 days; significantly fewer participants who took placebo returned to their preinjury level of activity. Low-dose heparin injection, heel pads, topical laser therapy, and peritendinous steroid injection produced no significant decrease in pain compared with placebo.
        • An observational study of ECMT in 78 patients (101 tendons total) with chronic noninsertional Achilles tendonopathy found that 89% were back to their preinjury activity level after a 12week regimen of ECMT ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Heparin!

Bloody hell.