Blinded By the Light (Read 383 times)

These suckers are going to guarantee a sub-3 marathon.

Feeling the growl again

Unfortunately not true in my case.

Well, it at least explains your recent progression.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

"It has a responsive midsole that springs back with excellent energy return, to help you fly through the course unhindered and undefeated."  So it looks like I might now be on the cusp of a winning streak with these babies...

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Feeling the growl again

Ridiculous hyperbole.  Reminds me of those elevator shoe ads that run constantly in all the airline rags promising you confidence, riches, women, and a two-term presidency.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ridiculous hyperbole.  Reminds me of those elevator shoe ads that run constantly in all the airline rags promising you confidence, riches, women, and a two-term presidency.

Interestingly, you can buy a footed version of those:

And I thought my new Saucony Kinvara 3's were bad.  When I got home I told my family no one would have an excuse to hit me, and their reply was that 'at least they'll see my shoes going flying down the road and realize they hit me'.  Loving families, eh?  Big grin

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Julia1971

Ugh!  They need to stop this non-sense.

Getting nervous if the runner next to you has bad-ass flats.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

just a simple cat

image: adidas Wings Shoes Q23650

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

A lady in one of these passed me in the last half mile of the marathon last year...

Interestingly, you can buy a footed version of those:

My friend on his last trip to a running store:

"I didn't buy any shoes there because the prices failed to reflect that they resemble a pair of Budgerigars."

I'm a little bitter that grown-ups can't get those shoes with the flashing LEDs that all the kiddos have/had.

+1

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I recently got a new pair of Asics GT2000:

There was a time when you only saw shoes colored like that at races, worn by people who were there to destroy you and everything you believed in.

Now that I'm part of the waddling, middle-aged running proletariat, I suppose the egalitarian thing to say would be "fun colors for all!", but I will admit to missing the days when only people who had serious game would have the audacity, nay, the worthiness to wear shoes that loud.

Show up in the matching car and they will know you are still serious.

Cat in a Pot

Wow . . . . there are some truly ugly running shoes out there these days.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
                            Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

Another one

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

A Saucy Wench

Another one

I'ts not polite to steal Jesus's shoes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7