Christmas Eve - what's on the menu? (Read 354 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We'll be doing our "traditional" meal of Chinese take-out...beef & broccoli, sweet & sour chicken, teriyaki chicken skewers, crab rangoons.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Fish, homemade pierogi, mashed potatoes, corn, Lima beans, babalki, rolls, and pie for dessert.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

The wife's family comes over,but it's very informal. Who ever shows up,great.

We have a turkey and ham in the oven. The fridge is full of beer,and I picked up a bottle of Jim Beam for me. Besides protein and liquor,we have some desserts too!

Christmas day,different story.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Papa John

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Slo

Drake...Bourbon is always a good bet.

We divide the Christmas Eve meal up. I'm cooking a Rib Roast aka Prime Rib and Macaroni and Beer Baked Cheese. DW is making the three layer Chocolate cake right now.

Huge selection of beer. Something for everybody.

Roses Revenge

My family tradition was always Pancakes and Eggs on Christmas Eve.  My adopted family does soup - usually chowder.  I made a big pot of vegan Minestrone last week.  Half of it went to Saturday's race.  The rest is going to dinner tonight.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

A Saucy Wench

I put other as I havent decided yet but probably nothing special.  Xmas day is the big meal and we had friends over last night.  I probably should have clicked "leftovers" as there is a good chance that is the deal.

After dinner we'll have eggnog and cookies.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We divide the Christmas Eve meal up. I'm cooking a Rib Roast aka Prime Rib and Macaroni and Beer Baked Cheese. DW is making the three layer Chocolate cake right now.

Growing up we did something like this...a random buffet of everyone's favorite foods in our family of 5.  There was almost always boiled shrimp, broiled steaks, pickled herring (we're Vikings, after all), Swedish fruit soup, Sloe gin slush, olives, pickles, Boston cream pie, 5 year cheddar (nowadays our favorite dairy also does 10 and 15 year, so we have that any time my family is together).

~ Sarah Kay

roasted lamb with russel sprouts, broccoli and freshly dug own garden parsnips and carrots.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Our kids are with their other parents tonight. We are going to see The Hobbit here in a little bit and then we are going out to dinner, probably to The Olive Garden so we can stuff our faces and then come home to lay waste to the vodka we purchased at the liquor store this afternoon. We hate not having our kids on Christmas Eve, but we try to make the most of it and enjoy our time together.

an amazing likeness

Steamers, lobster, & cheese souffle. Can't buck tradition.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

lobster & cheese souffle.

Recipe?

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Fish, homemade pierogi, mashed potatoes, corn, Lima beans, babalki, rolls, and pie for dessert.

Wigilia here too.

Add some pickled herring, and there you go.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Hopefully take out...as my cupboards are bare, but I'm not even sure if there are any restaurants open around me!

xor

Chicken fajitas, twice-baked potato, a taste of bleu cheese potato salad, yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and banana pudding.

Longboard lager and koko brown ale.

Bufala pizza from Bianelli's would be good.

DGF's apple pie.