Garmin Connect... no sync. (Read 109 times)

gdskelly

Late Starter

Hi Eric,

Sorry to bother you with this, I've been trying to sort it out but having no luck.

I use a Nike Sportwatch to track runs and can transfer the run from Nike+ to Garmin Connect using a phone app. Nike+ changed something a while ago and the browser app I used to export to GPX stopped working. The phone app can also export to GPX but then I need to either use my phone to upload to RA or transfer the GPX file from phone to laptop computer. With my eyes and fingers I find it difficult to upload a file from the phone to RA so have been doing the laptop method.

I can see the activity in Garmin and can review and edit it there.

It does not sync to RunningAhead.

I have tried removing RA permission from Garmin and disconnecting in RA then connecting from RA several times. I've connected from RA while actively logged into Garmin site and while logged out. Only difference seems to be RA does not ask for id and password if logged in at Garmin.

Not a big deal, I can continue to export GPX from Nike+ then import into RA. The phone app directly to Garmin just made it a little easier if it was automatically added to RA.

Thanks for listening :-)

I have a problem uploading from a Garmin 310XT today as well. Worked great for years, now it says I do not have Garmin Communicator plugged in even though I've downloaded it twice today.

Eternal Rookie

My 310XT has tried to transfer data multiple times with no success. I wonder if they started this early:

Garmin Connect will be undergoing scheduled maintenance for several hours on Wednesday, 11-November-2015, at 9:00 PM CST ( Thursday at 03:00 AM UTC ).

an amazing likeness

I have a problem uploading from a Garmin 310XT today as well. Worked great for years, now it says I do not have Garmin Communicator plugged in even though I've downloaded it twice today.

If you are still using the Garmin Communicator, I would strongly recommend you update to Garmin Express as Garmin has end-of-life'd the Communicator and in the very near future web browser support for plug-ins (like Garmin Communicator) will end.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I figured out my problem. Under Tools, I had a check next to ActiveX filtering. Unchecking solved the problem.

gdskelly

Late Starter

Well, it started magically working last week and is still working so far :-)