Knuckle Lights (Read 183 times)

Docket_Rocket

Only a couple of hours?  Maybe you got a defective pair?  I use mine for months and run at least 1-2 hours at night, so I use them maybe between 5-10 hours a week.

My experience is similar to Olive and Gator.  Only a couple of hours battery life and DO shut off in cold weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I had the first generation, which was worse.  The 2nd gen is a little better.  I use them on high.  If you use them on low the battery life is a LOT better. I have really bad night vision and run on a dark path (winter).   Their customer service is awesome.  I've started using a headlamp, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

2 x AAA each side.

Good, coin batteries or the N size are a show stopper as far as I'm concerned.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I had the first generation, which was worse.  The 2nd gen is a little better.  I use them on high.  If you use them on low the battery life is a LOT better. I have really bad night vision and run on a dark path (winter).   Their customer service is awesome.  I've started using a headlamp, too.

I would use lights primarily to be seen, not to see where I'm going.  Who cares if I kick the occasional skunk off the path as I'm running?

Sharz96

If you're only getting a few hours of battery life, you need better batteries.  I have the first generation knuckle lights.  I run about 4 hours a week in the dark, and litheum batteries will last me about five or six weeks.

I had the same problem with them shutting off in cold weather. I emailed the company and they said the problem was with the switch freezing. They sent me their new version free of charge. So far no more freezing and I am very happy with them. Awesome customer service!

zonykel

BTW, knuckle lights are not water proof. Found that out during a rainy long run. I opened up the knuckle lights, dried them out, left them disassembled overnight, and then put them back together. They still worked! I'll post pictures some other time of the knuckle light innards.

Have not had a problem with them shutting off in cold weather and I use them on high - I do have a problem with squishy road kill in the dark however......

Tammarin.....

zonykel

In case anybody cares, below is a picture of the insides of the knuckle lights (I opened them because I wore them on a rainy day and they are not water tight. So I had to dry them out).

Knuckle 1

And here is another picture:

Knuckle 2