My local 5k- my time beaten by an 80 year old man! (Read 1555 times)

#artbydmcbride

I passed an old woman during a half a couple weeks ago -- she was doing the 10K, and I was coming back from an out-and-back. She was moving along at a pretty good clip, but the most striking thing was the contrast between her upper and lower halves. From the waist up, she looked like your typical little old lady. Maybe 70. But her legs... they were very skinny, but totally, absolutely runner's legs. Not an ounce of fat on them.

I was curious afterwards and looked her up. Turns out it was Lenore Montgomery. She's famous in BC, has all sorts of records. And she's 80. She won her division in this race -- F50+ -- in about 1:03, I think. Wow.

58:31

Runners run

jules2

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jules2

Well done Ilene I didn't realise you were that old

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Another amazing multiple world record holder from B.C., Betty Jean McHugh, is in Chicago this weekend looking to break another record at 83!
          Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
          bhearn

Must be a different race -- I checked the results; in this one (Port Coquitlam Trail River Run) she ran 1:01:38.

#artbydmcbride

Well done Ilene I didn't realise you were that old

Big grin

Where have you been?

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Must be a different race -- I checked the results; in this one (Port Coquitlam Trail River Run) she ran 1:01:38.

I was just guessing from her athlinks page.  Any 50+ female field should have been won at faster than 1:03.

I forgot about those dang hard trail races you guys have up there.  Smile

Runners run

bhearn

Heh. Actually totally flat. But there were only 4 entrants in her division.

Ed Whitlock ran the Toronto marathon today in 3:15:51 - a new M80 world record (of course).

MTA: Age graded 102.3% !