Rocken's Viaduct 100 mile Ultra report (early apologies for it being long and probably not written that well) (Read 1238 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

That is just excellent!  Great job!

Bring it on.

Pure Awesome Pam!

Congrats on your 100!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Incredible.  Well done!
        “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz
        theyapper

On the road again...

<< mouth opens >>

Nope, just can't find the right words.  Congrats seems too small and I'm speechless.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

lap

Aren't 100 milers bad for your knees?
            Ojo

Wow Pam!  What an experience you had -- simply amazing.  I love all the details you have included like what you ate and the people you meet.  Glad your cold didn't stop you from becoming the first woman to finish . . . ever!  Congrats!

Sara

MM #2929

Misinformation Officer

You are so incredible!
                  awesome Pam!! congrats on the CR and all the other accomplishments! 
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Out-freaking-standing!  Wow, girl...what you did is flat-out amazing!  Wow!  *bows*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CONGRATS Pam!!!  You definately ROCK!!  Wowza
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

<< mouth opens >>

Nope, just can't find the right words.  Congrats seems too small and I'm speechless.

+1  I almost didn't post anything, because I can't think of enough superlatives to use! 

+2........have no words......just awesome and unbelievable!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Hmmph, just cruising through the forum and saw this.  Inspiring.  And I see Willamona from the old LHR crowd too.  On the other hand, these are the types of posts that make a person who vowed never to run another 50 start daydreaming about the big 100.  My son just yelled at me for even mentioning it.  Good job and good report. 

Me and my gang in Breck

Yup. I read the whole thing. What and insperation you are. You should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Prince of Fatness

Damn, I'm at a loss for words.  Congratulations!  Wow.

Not at it at all.