ASICS Gel-Nimbus 10 (Read 10394 times)

Has anyone tried this shoe yet? I tried on a pair at the store today and the asymmetrical lacing really took me for a loop. Luckily they had a pair of 9's so I bought those instead. I'm just wondering what you think of the lacing system. Terie
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Go Pre!

The reviews for the10's are swimming in 10/10 ratings and apparently they are as durable as anything out there. I loved my 8's, I am loving my 9's and I can't wait until Mrs Daddyo releases funds for the 10's. I may have to risk injury and run like hell in order to wear out my 9's so i have to buy 10's Smile

an amazing likeness

I haven't tried the Gel-Nimbus 10 yet, but one thing I struggle with in the Gel-Nimbus 9 is that they are hot. Or, at least my feet get warm in them. The Gel-Nimbus is my winter shoe, when the temp is below 30 - 40F, I reach for them to keep my tootsies warm and toasty. I do agree with the mileage part -- I put 200 to 300 more miles on the Gel-Nimbus than I do a pair of GT-2xxx.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I have to admit I love my 8s SOOO much that I'm scared to upgrade. I read a nasty review or two about the 9s, so I ended up developing a pesky habit, er - obsession, of searching for 8s on clearance. So I'm encouraged to hear good things about the 10s. I know I'll have to bite the bullet soon. Sorry I can't help, but thanks for starting this. I really want them to be a great shoe.
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run
          Gig

...the asymmetrical lacing really took me for a loop.
            Terie, I don't know anything about the lacing system, but I loved the pun. Nicely done.
              I have them. Smile I was in desperate need of a new pair of Nimbus's... but held out for a few weeks until I could find the Nimbus 10... Certain 'elite' stores had them around April 20. I have about 85 miles on mine and love them... I read one review that said they "feel new longer" and I'd agree w/ that, though the outsoles aren't wearing any better for me (I wear through mine in about 250 miles). I'm not the type of person who gets hung up on lacing (not uncommon for me to double-knot them when I get them and slip them on for the life of the shoe), but I've noticed nothing different with the lacing system - plus or minus. I was a big fan of the 9 and I'm now a big fan of the 10. Expecting not much of a change other than a "feel new" feeling for a bit longer.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Really? They are on to the Nimbus 10? I still have a pair of 8s (my fourth) and hadn't even gotten to the 9s...

Go Pre!

10's currently available in limited specialty stores. NA wide release in June. You may want to skip the 9's and go to the 10's.
                    I love my 9's. I noticed that Holabird has their 9's discounted now, so I'm going to order a couple of pairs on payday.
                    labhiker

I tried the 10s but didn't like the fit. They seemed a bit narrow in the front toe box and I was concerned with possible blisters on the inside of the big toes. Because of this I kept with the 9s.

labhiker

Jouke

For me the shoe feels a bit narrow in the big toe area, just like labhiker experienced. I now wonder whether a 1/2-size larger may solve this problem, as i cant try them in the shop because in my country this shoe hasnĀ“t launched just yet.

Me and my RP

I have been in the 9s, which I'm getting ready to retire. The fit was ok and I enjoyed the shoe but the durability bothered me. I started noticing the need to replace them around 240ish miles. I typically have gotten 340-350 out of my Kayanos and my GT-2120s so I was disappointed to have to replace the 9s so soon. Hopefully, the 10s will last longer.
                          Ojo

I just got the 10s and am a little worried about the toe area. It felt like my big toe nail was rubbing a little but I am not sure if that is a true problem since that nail is black and blue and slightly raised. I do not feel any rubbing when I put my 9s back on. After some of the comments here, I am seriously considering bringing them back for the next size.

Sara

MM #2929

I just bought a pair of Nimbus 10s. Haven't ran in them yet, can't report. I normally wear a size 8, my last pair of cumulus where a size 9, the Nimbus are a size 10 Shocked They do run smaller. I think it's from the odd angle of the laces. Makes the toebox more narrow and pulls the area of the big toe in more. Go for another size up with these babies! MTA: Ok, I take back what I said. I walked around the house in them this morning before my run. I have come to the conclusion that they are just too big. The heels slips too much. Maybe a 9 1/2 would have been good. Darn store had nothing in my size yesterday. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
                              dfd64

I absolutly love the 10s, they are much more comfortable than the 9s. I have about 40 miles on my 10s and they have been even more than I hoped for. I find that they are just as comfortable as the 8 with more cusion and support. It appears they got it right with this second generation solyte formulation.