Signature color(s)? (Read 1111 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do you have one or more? When I first started running I had a lot of pink stuff. My first shoes were white and pink. Most of my running tops were pink or had pink trim. Then I bought an orange Timex Ironman watch. A little while later I bought the orange skirt in my avatar (to match the watch, of course...and it had the pink trim to match some running tops). Then I found a good deal on a pair of photochromic sunglasses that happened to be orange. And now the update of my favorite running shoes is orange. So it seems that I have progressed into a new "signature" color sort of by default. I know backroadrunner's color of choice for running gear is acid green, so we really clash when running side-by-side. Wink Is this more of a girly thing, or do you guys find that you gravitate towards particular colors? Most guys stuff only seems to come in black, gray, red, white, and blue...such a pity. Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

an orange Timex Ironman watch.
      I want one. I went to Target to pick up a new one and they only had pink, blue and purple. I went with blue. I would have bought the orange in a second. The pink was too pale and would have gotten too dirty, too fast. I am so jealous. Orange is my favorite color. I have lots of different colors. Right now pink hat, pink sunglasses....
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jilly, go here. Good watch, but it's no Garmin. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Jilly, go here. Good watch, but it's no Garmin. Wink
          Aughhhhh, I love that watch. It's unfortunate that I picked up the blue one two days ago. Aurgh! Maybe for my birthday I can talk DH into it. It's so pretty! Thanks!
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
            Do you have one or more? Is this more of a girly thing, or do you guys find that you gravitate towards particular colors? Most guys stuff only seems to come in black, gray, red, white, and blue...such a pity. Cry
            Orange, Day Glow Green, or anything else high visibility. I like to be seen when running .(by the cars) I haven't quite moved up to the "thunder yellow tights", I am not overly concerned with accessorizing or color coordination. I just don't want to blend with the road.
              I like to wear red, it's my favourite colour. I picked up a pair of bright yellow short shorts last fall, which are very comfortable. I wear them for visibility at races, and I'll be wearing them at Boston. That's my signature colour, I guess.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I don't, but my 15-year-old son ALWAYS wears black. He stands out, because hardly any of the other high school boys do. It helps me find him at crowded meets.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like to wear red, it's my favourite colour. I picked up a pair of bright yellow short shorts last fall, which are very comfortable. I wear them for visibility at races, and I'll be wearing them at Boston. That's my signature colour, I guess.
                  Yeah, I think that's one reason I started leaning towards orange...I don't get lost in the sea of runners quite as easily. I have a bright yellow Nike LiveStrong wicking hat that will be my "race hat."

~ Sarah Kay

I don't, but my 15-year-old son ALWAYS wears black. He stands out, because hardly any of the other high school boys do. It helps me find him at crowded meets.
                    Sounds like you may want to introduce him to Johnny Cash. Just make sure he's not a Goth? Of all the things to "get into" in high school, that I never got. And no, I'm not a fogie. Back to the thread. I don't have a "signature" color, but I had lusted after those hi-viz yellow/green jackets and recently bought the Brooks one. I have mostly black shorts. They're the little black dress of running. MTA: How did I just know Zoomy started this thread?

dork.major dork.

I REALLY love orange, and wish that more of my running gear were orange, but I also have a lot of red, black and blue/green teal. There are particular shirts that I have affection for. My bright purple tech shirt that says "Get out and play" on the back, and my running partner and I both have black long spandex and these red and black shirts which aren't the same but are similar enough that when we run in them together we feel like a superhero team. (See not under avatar)

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like you may want to introduce him to Johnny Cash. Just make sure he's not a Goth? Of all the things to "get into" in high school, that I never got. And no, I'm not a fogie. Back to the thread. I don't have a "signature" color, but I had lusted after those hi-viz yellow/green jackets and recently bought the Brooks one. I have mostly black shorts. They're the little black dress of running. MTA: How did I just know Zoomy started this thread?
                        Big grin Speaking of those Brooks jackets...a TON of people had those on at the last race I did. I almost wonder if they were an organized group. Funny, when I read Teresa's thing about her son wearing black I thought Johnny Cash, too. He's definitely not too young for JC--my kid has been a fan since he was 4 or 5. Funny when he sings along in his squeaky voice. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

invisible

I just don't want to blend with the road.
                          Seconded! Smile
                          90 percent of the game is not giving up.

uncontrollable

Do you have one or more? When I first started running I had a lot of pink stuff. My first shoes were white and pink. Most of my running tops were pink or had pink trim. Then I bought an orange Timex Ironman watch. A little while later I bought the orange skirt in my avatar (to match the watch, of course...and it had the pink trim to match some running tops). Then I found a good deal on a pair of photochromic sunglasses that happened to be orange. And now the update of my favorite running shoes is orange. So it seems that I have progressed into a new "signature" color sort of by default. I know backroadrunner's color of choice for running gear is acid green, so we really clash when running side-by-side. Wink Is this more of a girly thing, or do you guys find that you gravitate towards particular colors? Most guys stuff only seems to come in black, gray, red, white, and blue...such a pity. Cry
                            I really like that combo ... I am a red & white girl mainly due to my club uniform. But - when running with my own gear - it's pretty varied and I must say : my shoes rarely match my outfits cuz I have problem feet and have to get certain shoes! The shoes never seem to be the color I would pick! I'm so happy that I did buy a black & pale blue running skirt. They are so comfortable to run in and there is no bum-hugging effect.

peace

I don't have a signature color, but now I think I want one. That just means more shopping, right?!
                                Central Park Track Club used to have orange as their signature color. Orange shorts are also worn by waitresses at Hooters. Do you know what I found most interesting about Hooters? The way the waitesses would attached the clipboards they take the orders on onto a wire which they would then swing into the area where the food is prepared! I never could figure out why the waitresses wore stockings and high heels with running shorts--but I could go for one of those Buffalo Chicken sandwiches with blue cheese right now. Tongue
                                I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock