Route editor too slow (Read 488 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

hello eric: thanks for all the work! I hate to give you grief, but route editor in the new code is way too slow on my PC. It takes a while to pan or zoom in/out. Also, there is a bug with mile markers: They keep reappearing after every edit even when turned off. I'm using IE7 on Windows XP SP3, and have not had that issue with the older version. Also, loss of Undo feature on copied courses is a major pain. It's almost quicker to create a course from scrath than to make a few quick edits. Is this fixable? Thanks again!
    eric :)

What's your computer's spec? also, this may interest you: click
      Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Thanks eric, I've read that thread. I can edit copied posts no problem, it's just slow. Even getting the route editor window populated with the map and the route is much slower than before. My specs are: Windows XP Media Center edition with SP3 and IE7 (latest service pack) on Intel Pentium D 830 (3 GHz), RAM 3 GB, plenty of HDD space. It's about 3 years old. I realize the hardware is not blazingly fast, but there were no issues with the old code. It was editing and updating at the speed of Google Maps, i.e. fast enough.
        Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Just to add to that, the log itself is pretty slow. And I'm not the only one complaining Smile
          eric :)

I've found a "slow" machine I can play with. I'll take a look at what could be causing the poor performance. My devel machine is a quad core so everything seems fast Big grin

Lazy idiot

Eric, I've not toyed with the route editor on a small course recently, but I've toyed around with a very long course (to see how "far" I went in 2008) and the editor does seem to run very slowly. Not a huge deal for me, but thought you'd want to know that this is occurring for others as well. I'm on my work machine, which is Windows XP SP3 IE6.

Tick tock