Who put the big F in fartlek?? (Read 565 times)

De-slacking in progress

So I deciede to slowly add some speedwork to my runs. I'll do some Fartleks. The other day on my 4 mile run I picked out telephone poles as my point to point speed run and jack up my speed and felt good about doing them, it was a pretty good workout. Think I did 3-4 on the 2 miles out and 3-4 on the 2 miles back. No speed much longer than 30 secs or so. Guess I thought I did it ok. Well today I wake up, my achielle is killing me, my quads are asking why I did that and it just F$@# in hurts. Did my four mile easy run today with no problem but I was not feeling good. Mistake I made??? I ran like a sprinter.. long strides and knees and elbows flying. Never had any achielles problems before. I did recover, so I will survive. but lesson learned the hard way I guess. Am I correct on what I think my mistake was?

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Am I correct on what I think my mistake was?
      I think so. 30 sec are short enough bursts that you probably ran them pretty hard, and if you're not used to that, you'll pay for it later.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.